The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

rainbowbex
if you assume you make an ass outta u and me.

And it asks you which card to charge, if you are careful, why on earth didn't you check?

I don't know
I just assumed my card would be rejected.
I assumed a lot things that night :sigh:
Colour Me Pretty
I don't know
I just assumed my card would be rejected.
I assumed a lot things that night :sigh:

Like I said, how could you? if it were rejected you would have to choose a different one - which you should have done looking at the payment options when you knew you had no money and still tried to pay with it; if you thought you were going to be rejected why not pick a different one? Youre the one with the brain not the Amazon transaction computer.
I had a problem with PayPal and Natwest and PayPal tried to take numerous payments of a few pounds over the space of a week from my account which added up to a small fortune of charges (£140+) I contacted Natwest who told me I had no choice but to pay however when I asked my brother (he's doing business and finance at uni) he told me that (being under 18 at the time) I was not at fault and Natwest should have disallowed the payments and not have honoured them.

Spoke to the manager of the Local Natwest and he phoned up customer services with me in the room and confirmed that it was a mistake and that the charges would be reversed and that I would pay the money I was over by (about £12?)
Reply 23
Colour Me Pretty
I was careful with my money,
My mum's card is on my Amazon as well, so I assumed that the money was going from her account since mine didn;t have enough.

If you are under 18 you should ask NatWest to refund the charges as, under 18, they can't legally enforce any debt against you (you're too young to have credit).

So, once you have paid some money into your account, call them or go to a branch and ask them to check if there's any charges on your account.

If they say yes, politely say as you are under 18 you need those to be waived

If they say no, you're fine anyway :biggrin:
Talya
If you are under 18 you should ask NatWest to refund the charges as, under 18, they can't legally enforce any debt against you (you're too young to have credit).

So, once you have paid some money into your account, call them or go to a branch and ask them to check if there's any charges on your account.

If they say yes, politely say as you are under 18 you need those to be waived

If they say no, you're fine anyway :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending