Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance NON repayable grants? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What happens when a student is entitled to a full grant £2,906 but withdraws and wants to get full grant for a new course for 4 years?

Is the grant still payable to him for the new course and university?

ReputationRep:
    Did you take any of the grant that you were initially entitled to? And - what is the new 4 year course?

ReputationRep:
    yeh but I repayed it all back. Business and Management Sandwich

ReputationRep:
    I'm far from an expert, but I'd imagine that you should be able to claim the grant for the four years. All you can do is apply and see what happens - hopefully a more knowledgeable tsr-er will just in with some info

ReputationRep:
    How many years of funding did you get before? (As in actual money in your actual bank account)
    Whether you've repaid it or not is AFAIK irrelevent.

The number of years of funding you can get is
    (Length of new Course + 1) - Number of Years of Previous Funding

ReputationRep:
    All grants are paid on a yearly basis according to qualifiying circumstances.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.