Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend said he had been tested for STIs, it was a lie. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The first time I ever had sex with my boyfriend was after a drunken night out and I didn't really know him. We used a condom but I asked him if he had been tested for STIs and he said yes, and that he was clean. However, once it turned into a relationship, he told me he hadn't actually been tested but was sure he didn't have an STI because he had always used protection (apart from one time but he insists he knows the girl in question did not have an STI). I'm so angry that he lied about it but it turns out he was right as I've been tested since and we're both clean. But is it enough for me to end it with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin88)
    But is it enough for me to end it with him?
    Thats a judgement call you have to make. Does he know how pissed off you are and would it be likely that he'd be the kind of person to lie all the time? I think it would be a bit drastic, but as I say only you are in a position to be able to examine what he did objectively, not internet randoms.

ReputationRep:
    i would, he put you at risk, thats not right IMO

ReputationRep:
    Why is EVERY SINGLE POST YOU MAKE about your boyfriend and/or sex.

I think we all know why, bored teenage boy

ReputationRep:
    either way get him to go...

I dunno, it depends if you do trust him, it might seem a bit harsh to dump him from his point of view seen as though he's told you the truth now.

Maybe both go together so that you know he goes and to check yourself out too.

ReputationRep:
    Nah! I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'd dump him. He has put your health and future fertility at risk, and he has lied to you which shows a complete lack of respect not a good start to a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you dump him if he hasnt got STI and has told the truth I mean if he had said he had STI on the first night would you go out with him? then the relationship wouldn't have developed from than and you two would not be together. Give him a chance if you still like him.

ReputationRep:
    Your boyfriend lied to you.
    Even if he was clean, he lied to you.
    End of, attention seeking troll.

ReputationRep:
    You weren't actually going out with him when he lied to u were u? So I don't think its that bad that he lied imo, he probably wasnt even thinking about it. If you're both clean then you can get on with your relationship now as long as you can trust him not to lie again now that you know him better than you did then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.