Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This place has a strange affect in that hearing tales of woe, misery and occasional happiness you feel the need to share your own inane ramblings. So here it goes

I met a girl last week and spent the night at hers. There was some physical connection as was the plan but the old "I'm on the pill" wasn't enough for mr Idiot and his lost rubbers, so we didn't have intercourse (how hot is that when you are posh about it eh phwoar)

Anyway I've been with women in the past but usually I'm just about the end game, I put that down to my own insecurities in commitment issues and the fact it's just easier to "love em and leave em", that and I find it hard to make emotional connections with women.

So in this case I spent the night and when it was time to get lost in the morning I just wanted to stay, so I did and it felt like neither of us wanted to leave the bed, seriously it's a long time since I wanted to just let the world go by and hold someone and it felt so weird to feel like this after one night.

We've been in contact all week but she seems to be into this texting lark and I can't be assed with it I'd rather talk to her on the phone. Nevertheless given how I feel about her I made the effort and have been texting back all week.

I've had the drunk messages and the sober ones and we talked that night and there is no way this girl is not as in to me as I am into her by what I've seen, heard and felt. Yet all of a sudden the messages stopped yesterday and I feel like the insecure kid who should have left in the morning before she woke up again even though I don't want to be that person.

You see what you do to us if we're honest ladies?

So there it is my tale of slight misery based on opening myself up and feeling vulnerable.

I reckon she'll text back and we're supposed to be going out this weekend but is it any wonder lads can be the way we can when it's just so much EASIER.

Then again, when was anything in life worth having ever easy?

ReputationRep:
    so what are you asking for?

ReputationRep:
    got bored after a few sentences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrluvaluva)
    got bored after a few sentences
    And yet you felt the need to post such a riveting reply.

Cheers for that.

ReputationRep:
    She didn't text you today? big woop. She might have had a number of reasons for doing so. My phone needs charging and I haven't had it on for two days. It's not that I'm avoiding anyone, I just can't be bothered right now. Maybe she's ran out of credit, maybe her phone has fallen in the toilet, who knows but I'm sure there will be an explanation, there usually is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    so what are you asking for?
    I wasn't aware I needed to ask for anything.

ReputationRep:
    Got bored after reading "Liverpool" tbh. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Are you ******* kidding me? The 'player' got played, are we meant to be feeling sorry for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    She didn't text you today? big woop. She might have had a number of reasons for doing so. My phone needs charging and I haven't had it on for two days. It's not that I'm avoiding anyone, I just can't be bothered right now. Maybe she's ran out of credit, maybe her phone has fallen in the toilet, who knows but I'm sure there will be an explanation, there usually is.
    Yeah I am aware of all that and capable of seeing the big picture. The point is that when you have a surprising attachment to someone you didn't expect to the thought of "this was so much easier when I wasn't bothered" runs through your mind rightly or wrongly.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease though, or at least trying to.

P.S My phone fell in the toilet the day of my Science degree exam.

ReputationRep:
    I got up to misery on the first line and consider it an achievement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Are you ******* kidding me? The 'player' got played, are we meant to be feeling sorry for you?
    Please do, your pity means so much to me.

What kind of pathetic person comes into threads just to TRY and be funny or put down the other person?

Double Agent, yeah I'm well impressed you're the first person to take a negative asspect and be so funny about everything or just act like a bitter old **** you truly are the Jack Dee of TSR.

And I'm not a player, never have been, never will be.

Doubt I've been "played" and I'll no doubt be out with her this weekend, if not that's sound and I'll get over it as I have in the past with much longer term relations. The point was things arn't always as cut and dry as they seem and if you had any grasp on real life you might not have to come in to threads merely to put them down or TRY and be funny.

Now kindly do one, or continue to post and waste your time contributing nothing to anyone in any way, your choice like.

ReputationRep:
    It is not physically possible to ever know where you are with a woman. Best hope she just ran out of credit..

ReputationRep:
    aww dont feel miserable.. im sure there is a good reason to why she's not been texting, do you think there could be anything you might have said?.... becasue you said there were drunk texts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Got bored after reading "Liverpool" tbh. :p:
    Being from the mecca of all excitement Coventry I can quite understand why. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool's Number 9)
    I wasn't aware I needed to ask for anything.
    When opening the thread, I was hoping to give advice. I don't understanding what you're trying to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoody555)
    It is not physically possible to ever know where you are with a woman. Best hope she just ran out of credit..
    Tell me about it, just when you think you are starting to get it they spring the trap. Suppose it's good I'm bothered.

Loving that sig btw, I could see that on Modern Warfare 3!

ReputationRep:
    ....W t f?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    When opening the thread, I was hoping to give advice. I don't understanding what you're trying to say
    I don't need advice but thanks. The whole idea was everyone seems to share their stories so I thought I'd share mine you know this being a forum and all.

ReputationRep:
    I just dropped half my banana on the floor. It's ok I'll pick out the hair and still eat it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool's Number 9)
    Tell me about it, just when you think you are starting to get it they spring the trap. Suppose it's good I'm bothered.

Loving that sig btw, I could see that on Modern Warfare 3!
    I use it in MW2 all the time, I be racking in dem killz.
    Yeah women are really nice for friends, but I have stopped bothering to try and be anything more than that to them, because stuff like this happens, at least it happened before she convinced you to take her shopping first. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.