Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi,

I'm about to order a pair of uggs from america, and i'm trying to decide between long or short. On the website it says that the tall ones are 11inches shaft length and short ones 7inches shaft, but I don't really understand what the shaft measures exactly, so was wondering if somebody with uggs could quickly measure the length for me from the bottom of the floor to the top, if possible so that I know how long they are exactly!
    Rep will be given.

Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    I have short ones, roughly 9 inches from bottom to topp

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much! is that including the heel bit right?

ReputationRep:
    Yep I measured the back seem bit, from the bottom of the heel to the verryy top

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks so much really appreciated !

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the 11inch ones are the ones that go mid-calf, and the 9inch ones are just above the ankle.

Hope it helps ^^
    <3Meg

ReputationRep:
    are you sure? http://www.uggaustralia.com/productD...=Classic+Short

so those ones are just above the ankles? because those ones seem mid calf (according to the girl who posted aboves measurements) and the 11inch ones seem just below the knee.

ReputationRep:
    Mine go to almost mid-calf... bare in mind that the heel itself is almost an inch thick

ReputationRep:
    You have to measure against your own leg though...some ones mid calf could be your ankle depending on how long your legs are!! hope that makes sense...=)

ReputationRep:
    So I should measure 9 inches from the floor up to where it hits my leg to get the measurement of how much the "short uggs" would be on me? Sorry for the confusion, just want to be 100% sure because I won't be able to return them!

ReputationRep:
    http://whoswearinguggboots.co.uk/wp-...G-ly-betty.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QHnJvKAYn4...11_468x512.jpg

10 seconds on google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil one)
    So I should measure 9 inches from the floor up to where it hits my leg to get the measurement of how much the "short uggs" would be on me? Sorry for the confusion, just want to be 100% sure because I won't be able to return them!
    Well they measure 9 inches including the heel, and the heel is almost an inch. So measure 8 inches up from the bottom of your foot and that'll show you how high up they'll go

ReputationRep:
    are you sure? http://www.uggaustralia.com/productD...=Classic+Short

so those ones are just above the ankles? because those ones seem mid calf (according to the girl who posted aboves measurements) and the 11inch ones seem just below the knee.
    The ankle ones are ugg minis.
    These:
    I haven't seen them in many places at all.
    So Tall = Just below knee
    Short = Mid Calf
    Mini = Ankle ones.

ReputationRep:
    fao OP - ordering from america is pointless. by the time exchange rate, bank charges, shipping and duties are taken into account they cost more than just walking into office to buy a pair...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    fao OP - ordering from america is pointless. by the time exchange rate, bank charges, shipping and duties are taken into account they cost more than just walking into office to buy a pair...
    I have relatives there who are coming over so I won't have to pay for shipping.

Thankyou for your help all of you! Will be ordering the short ones.

ReputationRep:
    I have relatives there who are coming over so I won't have to pay for shipping.

Thankyou for your help all of you! Will be ordering the short ones.
    ahhh *is envious*
    can you get them to buy some abercrombie jogging bottoms for me? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Actually my friend buys them from America all the time and they are cheaper to buy them off the US website. Plus, shipping is free for orders over $140

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.