The Student Room Group

If you hold offers for deferred entry, can you change it to immediate entry?

Has anyone ever done this? My friend had planned on taking a gap year and has had offers from all by one of her choices accepting her. Her grades and reference are outstanding and the offers are all from top unis - York etc. However she now thinks she made the wrong decision about deferring entry. Given how strong her application is, could they offer her a place for 2010 entry instead? Providing she wrote/emailed with detailed reasons etc. I know you can often defer your offer once youi've got it, has it ever worked the other way round?
Reply 1
I presume it would depend on how many places there are on the course.
Reply 2
Diaz89
I presume it would depend on how many places there are on the course.

Yeah but surely at a top uni they'd have filled all the places for 2010 entry already?
Reply 3
eenie_pod
Yeah but surely at a top uni they'd have filled all the places for 2010 entry already?

That's what I was thinking so I guess the best course of action would be to contact them directly and find out.
eenie_pod

There have been a number of threads on this lately if you have a search in this forum. The sooner you let them know the better your chances. It's certainly possible, it just depends if they have filled their places or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending