Is this ok to get my gf of 2months for valentines day? watch

ReputationRep:
    Only going out for 2 months. Shall I get her:

A card
    Bunch of roses (£40)
    And some chocolates.

Is all right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although maybe half the amount you're spending on flowers They're just going to die anyway. You can get lovely bouquets for £20-ish, or you could just get her a single rose so it's not too over the top? You haven't been going out that long after all.

ReputationRep:
    Just get a smaller bunch of flowers, otherwise the poor girl will think you want to marry her!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that's too much, as the person above me said, don't spend that much on flowers. It's a nice gesture but realistically they will just die. If you're going to spend £40 spend it on something that she can actually keep.

ReputationRep:
    Its ok sure, but its slightly like you are going for the valentines cliche isnt it? I think she might appreciate something a little more personal and individual to her, more than your sweet and lovely yet generic idea.

ReputationRep:
    £40 is too much for roses, go with a single rose, I think it's better (and not only because it's cheaper ).

ReputationRep:
    £40? A fiver blud.

http://images1.nicolesballoons.co.uk...es/L518259.jpg

Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my girlfriend for over 9 months. We won't be getting each other anything.
    **** Valentines Day.

ReputationRep:
    go with the £40 flowers, cheaper bunches just look cheap

ReputationRep:
    Get a £20 bunch and use the spare £20 for a vibrator :borat:

ReputationRep:
    Find out what her favourite flowers are - get those.
    Find out what her favourite chocolates are - get those.
    Means a little more I guess?

ReputationRep:
    Get a fake red rose, they never die :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's fine, abit OTT with the 40£ roses, unless your rich, she'll appreciate it the same if it was one single rose, anyway its the thought that counts. Maybe just do something, like take her out for nice meal, Vday is no big thing.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit generic, no? It doesn't need to be big :no:

ReputationRep:
    am I the only person who doesnt want anything for valentines day? I find it all a bit cringey :/
    (Not saying there's anything wrong with other people enjoying it)

ReputationRep:
    Aawh...I clicked on this topic, thinking it would be something hilarious/outlandish. Instead you picked flowers and chocolate.

You could give her those, but it shows a lack of originality IMHO. Spend £1.50 on a single red rose and buy her something she'll like and keep...something you can do together. Take her out for dinner. You can get a good meal for £40.

ReputationRep:
    way OTT and boring.
    Just go do something fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Its ok sure, but its slightly like you are going for the valentines cliche isnt it? I think she might appreciate something a little more personal and individual to her, more than your sweet and lovely yet generic idea.
    This :yep:

I know as a girl I'd much rather receive my favourite perfume, or a cd of a band I like, or a dvd of a film I want to see, because it shows that my boyfriend's thought about what I'd like and made an effort. Much better than "what do guys get girls on Valentine's day? Oh yeah, chocolates and flowers".

If you must go with chocolate and flowers, try and make sure they're her favourites, and maybe cut back on the flower budget to get a more personal present as well

ReputationRep:
    i agree with most other people - spend less on the roses because she wont exactly cherish them as a memory, they're roses - and everyone gives and gets them
    pay for a really nice meal with the extra money (after buying a single rose) or do some activity - depends whether shes really active or more relaxed, but im sure you could fin something more fun

ReputationRep:
    Cheaper flowers. Either a single rose or a bunch of tulips.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    flowers They're just going to die anyway.
    YESS!
    diverting from the topic:
    why cant everyone know that! spending soo much on flowers they die after a while! something meaningful is worth so much more than generic pointless flowers

ok op continue

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.