Turn on thread page Beta

Is this ok to get my gf of 2months for valentines day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Yes, although maybe half the amount you're spending on flowers They're just going to die anyway. You can get lovely bouquets for £20-ish, or you could just get her a single rose so it's not too over the top? You haven't been going out that long after all.
    petrol station flowers is where its at :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    Only going out for 2 months. Shall I get her:

A card
    Bunch of roses (£40)
    And some chocolates.

Is all right?

aww bless you! that's more than ok that's lovely!

(u could get one rose for like £1 if u didnt wanna spend 40 though)

ReputationRep:
    Take everything into context. How close are you after 2 months? Also, you should make sure what she does for her friends b'days....cos I had a gf who I'd been with only a month before Feb 14th (poorly timed I know)..so I just got her an expensive lollypop (long-story) and a card. Whereas she made a hundred orgami stars and put it into a heart-shaped jar, a card and a cuddly toy. Extreme indeed, but she was generally OTT with presents for her friends as well.

Also, by now you should know her likes and dislikes. Instead of a red rose, perhaps a white one? I think they are much better. Or maybe her birthday month flower?

Chocolates are definitely a bit lame.

All-in-all my most important advice is to do something which will create more memories. If you get what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    Buy her some flower seeds and write on her card something like (I’m sure one of our English majors will be able to improve on this) “I was going to buy you dead flowers that you could enjoy for a day, but instead I’m giving you these seeds so you can grow them and enjoy flowers every day. I want to make you smile every day <smiley face and kisses>”.

99p for seeds and £1.80 for a card, it’s a bit of a risk but most women are hopeless romantics when it comes to things like this so you should be balls deep by bedtime (needless to say most engineers are not hopeless romantics...they are just hopeless :yes:).

Also have a backup plan just in case, dust off that nice bottle of New Zealand white wine and buy some ingredients for dinner. The leap between half to three quarters of a bottle of wine and lying naked in your bed is very short.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.