Turn on thread page Beta

What do I do with this girl? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Here's a little background info: 16-17 year old boy who went to a PRIVATE boys' school and has never thought about or had a girlfriend.

So every day i walk in college some girl checks me out. I pretended to not notice this at first because i didn't know how to react. However, lately i finally got some balls, but whenever i look at her back she looks somewhere else, i.e. she is shy.

I think she's cute and would like to get to know her a little bit more, what should i do about it? We walk past each other like every single day and her timetable is probably VERY similar to mine, but she does not do any of my subjects and doesn't know my friends.

I can't just walk up to her because most of the time she is with a group of her friends. I only see her by herself OCCASIONALLY.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Get chatting, ask her for coffee.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, i doubt anybody in college drinks coffee. It's for old people

ReputationRep:
    Say hi next time. If you're too shy then you can quicky say it and hurry away :sigh:
    Maybe next time she'll talk to you then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ph1re)
    Here's a little background info: 16-17 year old boy who went to a PRIVATE boys' school and has never thought about or had a girlfriend.

I can't just walk up to her because most of the time she is with a group of her friends. I only see her by herself OCCASIONALLY.

Thank you
    Sounds silly but do you at least have her on facebook? that could help if you want to arrange to meet her/talk to her without disrupting her with her friends...

If not, you could always pass her a card with your number in it and asking if she wants to meet up for coffee? Seems a little bit 'smooth' but, it means you dont have to stand around awkwardly and, even if shes not sure, she will probably then make the effort to talk to you and explain why yes or no (unless shes cruel) which will seperate her from her friends and allow for that first introduction

Good luck anyhow... and dont worry!!!

ReputationRep:
    Next time you catch her by her self, say something along the lines of. 'Hi, i've seen you around before I am *insert name*'

ReputationRep:
    Find out her name and facebook stalk

ReputationRep:
    Walk up and in your coolest gangstar voice say

"Yo Shawty, How you doing? Wanna come chill at my crib?"

Or take one of the more sensible suggestions posted above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    Find out her name and facebook stalk
    How exactly am I supposed to find out her name?

And to the other facebook suggestion above: I'm not adding somebody I see every day yet I know nothing about them, or have even met them.

ReputationRep:
    On one of these OCCASIONS, talk to her. Eejit.

ReputationRep:
    Just pluck up the courage to say "Hi, how are you?" or "Hey, you alright?"

Then just get chatting.

It's easier said than done, I agree, but trust me it's worth it. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. There was this girl that i've been getting the train with for ages, but never spoken to her, but now I have, we speak & chat every day!

You mention that she's being eyeing you up before, she likes you, get in there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ph1re)
    Lol, i doubt anybody in college drinks coffee. It's for old people
    lies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ph1re)
    Here's a little background info: 16-17 year old boy
    taking 'tween' to a whole new level.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her.

I mean, it's really that ******* simple.

Jeez. o_O

ReputationRep:
    if you only see her alone occasionally, suck it up and take those opportunities. if you don't, next thing you'll know you've broken up for summer/finished college and your chance has gone.

When you get to uni, you'll be drinking loads of coffee :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ph1re)
    How exactly am I supposed to find out her name?

And to the other facebook suggestion above: I'm not adding somebody I see every day yet I know nothing about them, or have even met them.
    I hear there's this ancient art of conversation. You could try it sometime.

ReputationRep:
    "We have to stop meeting like this" say it with a big smile and maybe laugh a little. BANG! Ice broken... easy from there on in.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.