Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys,

i was wondering what BMAT scores are needed to get an offer from oxford university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raihanahmed)
    hi guys,

i was wondering what BMAT scores are needed to get an offer from oxford university.
    You need 8, 8, 15 for an interview, with a minimum of 15 A*s at GCSE and predicted A-Levels of A*A*A*AAAAA. (Chem and Bio at A*.)

This is for 2011 entry.

ReputationRep:
    depends on what proportion of your GCSE grades are at A*.

ReputationRep:
    I got 6A* 3A at GCSE with low As at AS and a 6.5, 6.9, 9 in BMAT and got an offer for phys sci, which is basically medicine (but better)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacobM)
    I got 6A* 3A at GCSE with low As at AS and a 6.5, 6.9, 9 in BMAT and got an offer for phys sci, which is basically medicine (but better)
    loool. Will you be an actual doctor when you finish the course? and if no..what does it actually lead to?

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot for your replys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    loool. Will you be an actual doctor when you finish the course? and if no..what does it actually lead to?
    how was the course arabic for a-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    OH NOES! I WON'T BE A DOCTOR? :eek: :eek: :eek:

There are other things in life that I, for one, prefer.

ReputationRep:
    No it's not.

ReputationRep:

:rofl: That's not what I meant. You said it was better than the medicine course, how are you comparing the two?

ReputationRep:

Why did you apply for medicine then?

Or was it only when you were offered a different course that you suddenly reversed your opinion on becoming a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=865511

Scroll down, click on Oxford, then you can see the profiles of successful and unsuccessful med applicants and their BMAT scores.

ReputationRep:
    You may think it's better but it's not as competitive.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really suprised by everyones inability to spot a troll :/

Not impressed, guys.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/med...lin/statistics

This really is by far the most exhaustive answer to this question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.