Turn on thread page Beta

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Arghhhhh!

I'm sick of being on a diet, feeling guilty whenever I eat. I've concluded that eating carbs/chocolate/sweets (and without guilt) feels better than feeling skinny (not that I know what that feels like..). I'm not a fatty, I've accepted I'll always be 'pear-shaped' and there's nothing I can do about it. So for now I'll just enjoy nice food!

Just a bit of a rant, maybe it'll inspire someone to quit an annoying diet and enjoy food. (Y).

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, I gave up dieting looong ago, and I'm still at the same weight as I was before.

Just be happy, that's the main thing. And don't feel guilty when Creme Eggs are on special offer...

ReputationRep:
    I'm skinny and eat like a pig.

Mind my arteries are clogged to the rafters.

ReputationRep:
    dont worry about dieting. worry about your health.

if you eat healthily, and exercise regularly then its all good. have your cake and eat it.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I do sometimes think in that frame of mind (although not that phrase).
    I'd rather keep my health(and figure) than eat that slice of cake.

Obviously there are times when I do indulge but its not often.

ReputationRep:
    Haha incidentally I was thinking about this on the train home. I'm not fat, but I'm not toned either and know I'd be happier a stone lighter. When I eat healthily I feel much better, less sluggish etc. compared to eating a lot of stodgy sickly food. I have to agree that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Plus you can still have a tiny bit of bad stuff as a treat. Its hard to be so disciplined to have it not affect your weight though.

ReputationRep:
    but there are so many benefits to being skinny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whambamglam_x)
    Arghhhhh!

I'm sick of being on a diet, feeling guilty whenever I eat. I've concluded that eating carbs/chocolate/sweets (and without guilt) feels better than feeling skinny (not that I know what that feels like..). I'm not a fatty, I've accepted I'll always be 'pear-shaped' and there's nothing I can do about it. So for now I'll just enjoy nice food!

Just a bit of a rant, maybe it'll inspire someone to quit an annoying diet and enjoy food. (Y).
    Im not allowed chocolate. It makes me emotional

Also not being allowed chocolate makes me emotional. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Well you could look at it that way, but then there is the other side - always being cold, weakness, not growing taller, abnormal heartbeat in my case - sorry, not trying to spoil things here just want to give a bit of perspective

ReputationRep:
    I'm still with the idea that I'd be happier if I was lighter.
    I don't think I'm a fatty anymore, but I wish I could get rid of my bum and thighs :sigh:

I'm ''on a diet'' but I'm starting to feel guilty if I consume more than 1200 calories

ReputationRep:
    I eat loads but am still skinny
    Sometimes I like being slim, sometimes I just wish I had some form of womanly curves. Today is an off day, and I wish I could gain a stone but I know it'll never happen.

ReputationRep:
    Being skinny = :yy: But tbh I'm not keen on food anyways so it's easy for me.

ReputationRep:
    Eating healthily > Counting calories and making meal plans.

Honestly, being skinny (and toned) really does feel better. I strongly dislike jiggling... I don't want my body moving in directions I don't intend for it.

ReputationRep:
    'I eat loads but am still skinny
    Sometimes I like being slim, sometimes I just wish I had some form of womanly curves.'

Me too - I eat like a horse
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't diet as I enjoy food too much. Focus on fitness as that is all that really matters.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny doesn't feel half as good as food to me. I could eat for Britain, but I'm always skinny / lanky!

ReputationRep:
    For me, size 12 on the bottom is too big. I joined the gym and dropped to a size 10. But i'm still not happy, so I started a diet. But even when I had a little treat, I felt guilty. And this is ridiculous! I'd much rather not be 100% happy with my figure and get to eat what I want without the guilt. I love chocolate, cookies, hobnobs etc and I'd like to enjoy eating them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whambamglam_x)
    Arghhhhh!

Whoever came up with that saying has clearly never tried chicken kung pao followed by a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

I think so long as you have shape and aren't just a lard-mass, you've got nothing to worry about!!
    What's wrong with pears? The majority of women are pear-shaped anyway! Everyone likes hips.

So long as you still make sure you're eating plenty of fruit and veg etc., just eat whatever you want and have some kind of sporting/physical hobby.

EDIT: And size 12!? UK average is size 16! There's no point fighting it if eating your normal diet keeps you a size 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndiePixie)
    I don't diet as I enjoy food too much. Focus on fitness as that is all that really matters.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rananagirl)
    Whoever came up with that saying has clearly never tried chicken kung pao followed by a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

I think so long as you have shape and aren't just a lard-mass, you've got nothing to worry about!!
    What's wrong with pears? The majority of women are pear-shaped anyway! Everyone likes hips.

So long as you still make sure you're eating plenty of fruit and veg etc., just eat whatever you want and have some kind of sporting/physical hobby.

EDIT: And size 12!? UK average is size 16! There's no point fighting it if eating your normal diet keeps you a size 12.
    Lindsay Lohan.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.