Turn on thread page Beta

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tefnut)
    'I eat loads but am still skinny
    Sometimes I like being slim, sometimes I just wish I had some form of womanly curves.'

Me too - I eat like a horse
    Me too! It seems harder for skinny people to put on weight, than for chubbier people to lose weight. I think as long as you eat healthily and exercise, then your size and weight are fine.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, a tub of ice cream is not worth looking in the mirror and seeing a big fat blob. People that say they love food too much have no self controll!!

ReputationRep:
    This argument dismisses the awesomeness of chocolate.

It cannot be.

ReputationRep:
    This is where it's lucky that you find healthy food as nice as junk food.

Mind you I probably don't eat enough judging by how slim I am.

ReputationRep:
    im in mixed minds
    im a size 10 and happy with my figure, when I only think about my own opinion - i eat loadssss, love food, love cooking and dont bother with dieting
    however, you cant help but thinking about other people's opinions, and i dont want to people to be sickened by bit of chub i have

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I believe in that phrase, but I know that fit feels a helluva lot better than fat! You never notice how sluggish and tired you feel at the heavier weight until you take up some exercise and start to shift it Health before fashion in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    **** all this rubbish endorsed by the media. Pear-shaped>Skinny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    This is where it's lucky that you find healthy food as nice as junk food.
    Same! People think I'm weird, but mmmmmmmmm raw vegetables are a personal favourite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Me too! It seems harder for skinny people to put on weight, than for chubbier people to lose weight. I think as long as you eat healthily and exercise, then your size and weight are fine.
    I have a friend who's really skinny and eats like a horse, but I always forget that she dances and plays netball, because she never talks about those things. Maybe that's a contributing factor as well as genetics or whatever else it is.

I read somewhere it's also easier for people who were once chubby to put weight on than people who were never chubby...

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the quote... I'd much rather be thin and not eat that chocolate bar than be fat and eat anything I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Says who? You? Way to put people who are skinny down. For some people it's not a choice y'know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Says who? You? Way to put people who are skinny down. For some people it's not a choice y'know.
    :facepalm: Last time I checked skinny women were worshipped in this society. I wasn't actually referring to anorexic people but I basically get what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    THIS.

People who are naturally skinny I have no problem with, but people who spend their entire lives fighting what comes naturally? Screw that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tefnut)
    'I eat loads but am still skinny
    Sometimes I like being slim, sometimes I just wish I had some form of womanly curves.'

Me too - I eat like a horse
    Grass and sugar cubes?

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    This motto sucks.

ReputationRep:
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Is usually a phrase used the in the anorexic community and yes it's very much true. Except you might be painfully thin but you're also equally as miserable in reality. I know that isn't the context of this topic but at the same time, as I have learnt, feeling guilty over what you put in your mouth is only going to drag you down.

I'm thin, really thin, it's not nice but what can I do about it. I have Crohn's and usually that is the characterised by weight loss and the inability to keep weight on. Plus I have other issues which I don't really discuss. None of it helps though - not healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh sod dieting :p:
    I have very little willpower, and food is just tooo good!
    Lucky I'm slim, I'll probably control my diet a bit and exercise more if/when I start getting bigger.. untill then, I'm gonna eat whatever the hell I want

ReputationRep:
    Forget skinny and chubby chat. Its better being fit than unfit, with the more exercise you do the more weight you will lose. Dont bother going on 'diets' you need to find a sustainable eating regime that youre happy with that allows you treats, diets indicate a temporary eating change that will inevitably lead to you putting weight on again when you stop.

If you are concerned with your shape then its more exercise that you need to start doing. Get down the local gym, or if you struggle for the will power, join a circuits class or exercise class. People always find it easier to exercise as part of a group. Exercising more regularly will not only help shift some of that chubb, but also give you more energy and make you feel much better and less stressed.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, like now, I really wish I could get into that frame of mind.

I'm not fat but I'd definitely look better if I lost a stone. The thing with me is, when I'm lighter I feel really good and then eat bad things by accident, and when I feel worse I end up eating bad things anyway and think **** it :emo:

ReputationRep:
    food is great. being healthy is pretty good too. You can have both - it's called exercise.

I'm a proper fatty atm, went on some meds and gained 3 stone and even being that overweight doesn't put me off my food, it's just so damned good! I like to go for a compromise between some exercise and cutting down on some foods (ie - only have bad things when I really really want them and bulking up meals with veg rather than meat or potatoes)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.