Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Thats a very good point. I use to smoke and its almost exactly the same feeling.

In uni I only had about £20 a week to spend on food so once I'd bought my meat and vegetables I couldnt afford things like chocolate, crisps, ice cream etc. After a few months I lost my sweet tooth. I didnt eat pudding for a whole year and it didnt bother me in the slightest.
    :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for Kate Moss as this mantra has been used by women for years, and yet when she says it she's labelled as pro-anorexia - probably the use of the word "skinny" as opposed to "slim", the latter being what I've always heard. I think it's a fairly sensible way of looking at things, because no matter how good something tastes, being at a healthy weight and having a decent figure is so much more appealing (and lasts much longer).

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I find that food I have really craved isn't even worth it, particularly with things like pizza and take-aways. They often don't taste as amazing as they are hyped up to be, then afterwards I just feel rubbish for ruining a good run of healthy eating!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather be in shape than gorge myself.

ReputationRep:
    I beg to differ; soda is proof of god's existence. Man could not create such sweet nectar.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

well unlucky for me i have IBS.

but LUCKY for me it means i can have my cake; eat it too; and loose weight.

ohhhh yeah

EDIT: however, i do have to be ill, but have to live with it, so thats an upside to it

ReputationRep:
    Im skinny but extremely unfit (can't run a mile unfit).Just eat but dont overdo it and you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Just do exercise and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Foooooood. < 3

Nothing makes me happier than sitting here with a glass of Irn-Bru and some sort of noodle-based yummyness.

Been told I'm skinny (though I never see that), but I'd rather have noodles than be skinny. :3 S'pose it helps that chocolate makes me ill,though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 14, hourglass figure and hate this quote. I'm fit in a physical sense as I do so much dance, lots of walks and pilates! However, I have a little bit of a tummy on me and I have big hips and thighs but I also have a big chest to match.

Why is this always seen as such a bad thing in women? I used to absolutely love my figure until the media pointed out so many 'flaws' in others that noone really used to give a s**t about. So once I've seen this idea of the so called 'perfect body' which is so far away from how I look, I get self conscious, watch what I eat when before...I wouldn't. I hate that I feel I have to lose weight to feel better when really at times I absolutely love my figure.

I also hate, when in other discussions, a girl like me will defend a curvy body and be struck down and dismissed as fat and in denial. Some people just make me sick.

I just felt like ranting because this subject is such a passion of mine if you like.

Eat whatever the hell you want, just make sure you keep moving. As long as you look good and have shape, who cares what you weigh?

ReputationRep:
    haha it is too hard to go cold turkey... you'd be better doing an exercise routine and eating the foods you like but in moderation.

I am trying to tone up hips and thighs a little, but if I denied myself everything I liked to eat, I would probably then just pig out on it ;-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.