Turn on thread page Beta

Should I get her something for Val's Day? watch

Announcements

Well it's Valentines Day soon and I'm contemplating if I should get my girlfriend anything. That sounds horrible but it's more complicated then that. I call her my girlfriend but right now we're going through a rough-patch and I want to call it a break but it's not exactly a break what we're doing.

It's a long-story but we've both realised that emotionally we work well because we both have strong feelings for each other but on a practical level we're lacking and we need both to have a proper relationship. We still communicate with each other and all but just trying to maybe grow a bit apart and think about what we really want and how to further the relationship.

This is my take on it however and we never had a proper talk on what we are doing. I don't know how she sees it though and I don't want to scare her with getting her something when she doesn't think it's appropriate. We've been together for just over a year now (this will be our second valentine's day) so it is fairly special in my opinion.

Just wondering if people think it's ok to get her something or if I should leave it. I mean, it would be something small but meaningful rather than amazingly expensive so I'm not too bothered on wasting my money. Would rather risk her finding it weird rather than her expecting something (or getting me something) and me not having anything for her. But I may be wrong of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I mean, it would be something small but meaningful rather than amazingly expensive so I'm not too bothered on wasting my money. Would rather risk her finding it weird rather than her expecting something (or getting me something) and me not having anything for her. But I may be wrong of course.
    I think you are spot on with this paragraph, it reflects my thoughts pertty well. No matter what hardships you are going through, she still clearly means a lot to you, and it would be nice to mark that somehow in a personal way.

Yes, it's what I was thinking but just slightly worried if she is totally caught off guard by it (in a bad way). That's my only worry to be honest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.