Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips on how to do well on the ISA?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just do lots of practice using the ISA specimens provided on the AQA site. The hardest part of the ISA is the written paper (analysis), and you'll notice that generally it carries a similar structure with similar sort of questions.

You'll be told what topic the ISA is on, once you know that just go through all the different practicals relevant to that topic and obtain results (most are easily obtainable on the internet or just make them up to follow the theory) and then answer those written paper questions for that data. Oh and definately read up on the specimen mark schemes, you'll be surprised to learn what kind of things are awarded marks and what things would lose you marks...even things like the way you name your headings on results tables!

ReputationRep:
    I thought I would just reawaken this thread as i really need some tips too as i have mine tomorrow and ive never done one before and my teacher can barely speak english so hasnt told us at all what to do or any tips

Id really appreciate any tips guys-thanks xx

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.