Turn on thread page Beta

Obama Wants Your Money, $23.7 Trillion Of It! watch

(Original post by Unknown?)
    By nature and evolution we have a good understanding of what we should and shouldn't do. Its built into us not just made up. We naturally don't kill babies because we need them to continue the species and the reason why we find some animals like puppies cute is because they have big eyes and heads similar to human babies.

Either way there are some things we naturally do and don't do and have a feeling of what is right or wrong. Where does that come from? My morals would still be the same despite what the majority went by.

Also 2+2 still would equal 4 even if we didn't exist and no one existed to validate it but I don't want to get philosophical.
    It's not built into us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbf8R9BPyg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    It's not built into us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbf8R9BPyg
    A women acting like a dog copied what she saw from real dogs. How does that take her morals away? I could start acting like a cat if I wanted. The fundamental componenets of my consciousness would still remain. I'd still have that potential in me.

A women acting like a dog copied what she saw from real dogs. How does that take her morals away? I could start acting like a cat if I wanted. The fundamental componenets of my consciousness would still remain. I'd still have that potential in me.
    Because humans dont bark and go at one another.

She does.

Morals are not in genes, thats retarded.

Troll.

ReputationRep:
    Because humans dont bark and go at one another.

She does.

Morals are not in genes, thats retarded.

Troll.
    No but the information to construct the human brain is, along with its biochemistry, the hormones it would release and the emotions we would feel. Have you ever looked at the nuture/nature debates on serial killers whether they are made the way they are or born like it. Some people like Ted Bundy were demented from a young age and you could say naturally had less morals than most people.

No but the information to construct the human brain is, along with its biochemistry, the hormones it would release and the emotions we would feel. Have you ever looked at the nuture/nature debates on serial killers whether they are made the way they are or born like it. Some people like Ted Bundy were demented from a young age and you could say naturally had less morals than most people.
    Thats called having a more advanced brain not having morals preinstalled.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever seen such a fast deviation from the thread topic. US bank bailouts to a 1970s serial killer in 30 minutes. Impressive :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Thats called having a more advanced brain not having morals preinstalled.
    That more advanced brain creates stronger morals in the person also depending upon the natural personality that brain would produce.

That more advanced brain creates stronger morals in the person also depending upon the natural personality that brain would produce.
    Clearly not because wild children don't have them.

It is placed on by society.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly not because wild children don't have them.

It is placed on by society.
    Partly yes, thats the nuture side of things but our brains are pre programmed to act a certain way depending on the way we evolved. Sometimes that "programming" can be over ridden in extreme cases such as being raised by dogs which caused her to walk on all fours instead of 2 feet like she was designed to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    I don't think I've ever seen such a fast deviation from the thread topic. US bank bailouts to a 1970s serial killer in 30 minutes. Impressive :tongue:
    Do you mind contributing a little to the original purpose of this thread? :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.