Turn on thread page Beta

Help! which is better at A level, Physics or Biology? watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hmmm thats a hard one

Because.... Biology will go well with the Geography side if you want to go down the Environmental Science/ Geology route (not to say physics wont) BUT physics will complement your maths (even if it isnt mechanics) soooo it depends on what you want to do in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzy B)
    which would you recommend for a level- biology or physics?
    I'm thinking of doing economics, geography and stats as well.
    any ideas?
    Whats your career plan?

ReputationRep:
    Physics.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on your exam board a bit - I've been doing physics with Edexcel this year and utterly loved it, despite not particularly enjoying it at GCSE. Everyone I know who does biology seems to be doing endless write-ups etc. Physics is very mathsy - it's a good choice for someone with intuitive maths ability, but as long as you can cope with the maths, it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    biology is the worst subject going. physics is better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy12691)
    Unless you want to do Medicine or a Biology-related course, Physics is much more respected than Biology imo, especially for courses like Maths, Engineering or Economics which seems to me like you're interested in at the moment.
    thanks thats really helped.

depends what you mean by better? biology is easier physics is more interesting!

(i do both at a level) - yes shrews damn AQA

ReputationRep:
    I did biology and physics.
    Biology was probably easier - more about learning facts, but there was ALOT to learn.
    Physics you have to actually understand what you're been taught, so it's a bit harder. If you're good at maths though, you won't struggle with it too much!
    It really does depen what you're more interested in, and what you want to do at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Physics is more conceptually difficult imo, it also requires more mathematical literacy. Physics A Level is more about learning a few ideas and being able to apply them; Biology is more about learning lots of ideas and regurgitating. That said, it depends what you like learning about; if you'd rather study living things, Biology is more likely to be your thing, but if you're into mechanics, electricity, sub atomic particles etc. Physics is the way to go.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.