The Student Room Group
Reply 1
October-December time is when they usually recruit.
Reply 2
yeh i was wondering this too...most places start hiring or interviewing around september time i think...well thats when im gonna start going out looking anyways
good luck :wink:
Reply 3
I work at a shop part-time, most shops employ people from December to January, expect it start at the beginning of December, earliest mid-November and finish early to mid January (possibly late Jan if they have a big/long Jan sales). Also you would probably be expected to work Sundays and possibly (nearly) all week.

They stared advertising in October where I am :smile:
Reply 4
I started my Christmas job at Next in October.
Reply 5
Juno
I started my Christmas job at Next in October.

Guess it is different for each shop lol :smile:
i have come across places like argos and ottakas and even hotels that recruit at the end of august, i think for staff in time for christmas.
Reply 7
I work for argos as a team leader and I will start doing interviews in late August/ September when we loose a lot of staff to uni
Reply 8
i had an interview in woolworths on tuesday, i didnt get the job right now but they're gonna ring me in september for christmas contracts.. dunno if thats a good thing or not heh :p:
If you hand your CV now in to shops that aren't necessarily looking for staff but will do by Christmas, will you be considered before they started advertising vacancies?
Reply 10
I imagine its too early and they'll prob go straight in the bin try again in a few weeks.
lawrence4
Guess it is different for each shop lol :smile:

I also work for Next, their biggest intake of staff seems to be around this time where they're filling the places left by those leaving for Uni.
I've never had a Christmas job (hoping for one this year though!) but I saw on the 'Marks and Spencers Recruitment Calender' their Christmas recruitment is scheduled for August and September...
Reply 13
I saw H&M advertising for Christmas temps when I was in town the other day. Just go into the store and ask for an application form.

Latest

Trending

Trending