Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have to learn my french oral presentation which is a page long. The thing is the exam is between March and May and so when I start learning it now, I may forget later.

Also I've heard that if you listen to stuff before you sleep, you'll remember it much more better when you wake up. Is that true, coz I might do that in order for me to learn my work.

Also any tips on how to memorize stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Look, Cover, Say, Write, Check.

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCalfine)
    Look, Cover, Say, Write, Check.

This over and over and over again, making sure you check every week to keep it fresh.

ReputationRep:
    Break it down into sections.
    Stick it on the wall or something.
    Read over different sections every now and then.

You want it in your long term memory, and the best way to do that is by giving it meaning (semantic memory) . . so if possible, try imagining the sections playing out in your head.

Source: Psychology unit 1 = Memory

ReputationRep:
    You can listen to it on your ipod, but I would just remember it in sections and keep going over and over. Say it everyday before you go to bed and when you wake up. Worked for me with my drama monologues.

ReputationRep:
    Record your talk on your iPod/MP3 if you have one. Record it on the PC and listen to it when you're on the internet or whatever.

Erm... write key words on sticky notes...leave them around the house...when you see the key word say that part of your talk to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I learnt my french oral by pacing around the back garden saying it to myself over and over and over and over and over again until I was reciting it in my sleep.

ReputationRep:
    colourful posters on walls :yep:
    or make a giant poster and stick it on your seiling above your bed and read it as you sleep

These only work if youre a visual learner, otherwise theyre a waste of time :p:

ReputationRep:
    Give each paragraph a different colour.
    Record yourself speaking it out.
    Then, remove every letter from the word apart from the first one so;
    Fox the fix is insanely hot = f t f i i h
    Then read the above over.
    Record yourself reading it -> ipod

Read it over, listen to your recording a few times a day and after a month it will be memorized.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.