uni not what i expected - any advice? Watch

This discussion is closed.
C.M
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
im doing Drama and Theatre Studies at Royal Holloway, Uni of London. The course isn't very practical and I don't have many friends on the course which can get me down as I've tried making friends. Also, there's 80% girls (i'm a girl) and 20% boys...I miss male company (not like that...I just have lots of male friends at home and miss having male friends) I'd apprechiate any advice. Thanks
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you know anyone there called Sirvan?
C.M
no, i don't. Are they doing Drama?
Seer
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope
C.M
but they are at Royal Holloway?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My course is 95% male so I never get to meet any females. It can be quite hard. Maybe I should have studied health studies or somthing

Have you thought about joining a society? I am considering doing some voluntery work after chrsitmas.
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by C.M)
im doing Drama and Theatre Studies at Royal Holloway, Uni of London. The course isn't very practical and I don't have many friends on the course which can get me down as I've tried making friends. Also, there's 80% girls (i'm a girl) and 20% boys...I miss male company (not like that...I just have lots of male friends at home and miss having male friends) I'd apprechiate any advice. Thanks
Do you know Daniel?
C.M
what uni are u at?
C.M
(Original post by grey faerie)
Do you know Daniel?
erm, I don't think so. Is he in the first year? Doing Drama?
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by C.M)
erm, I don't think so. Is he in the first year? Doing Drama?

yup
C.M
yup
Yeah, I know someone called Dan.
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by C.M)
Yeah, I know someone called Dan.
That'll be him.

Wow. Small World!
C.M
That'll be him.

Wow. Small World!
is he enjoying it?
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by C.M)
is he enjoying it?
I really don't know - haven't been in touch with him for a few months (since everyone from school divided up to all different unis) So I guess you don't know him particularly well? He lives at home, I think, so I'm not sure how he settled in - at the beginiing of term it seemed like everyone was meeting each other in Halls etc...? How is the course going?
C.M
I really don't know - haven't been in touch with him for a few months (since everyone from school divided up to all different unis) So I guess you don't know him particularly well? He lives at home, I think, so I'm not sure how he settled in - at the beginiing of term it seemed like everyone was meeting each other in Halls etc...? How is the course going?
Did he take a year out? Course is ok but not quite what I expected. Are u at Uni?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads