Turn on thread page Beta

U2, Muse & Stevie Wonder To Headline Glastonbury watch

ReputationRep:
    Muse and Stevie wonder look set to join U2 as pyramid stage headliners at Glastonbury Festival this summer.

Festival organiser and farmer Michael Eavis let the news slip at the Event Production Show in London.

Muse have been rumoured to be topping the bill for the second time for several months and are now confirmed for the Saturday night.

However festival bosses said of Stevie Wonder: “It is very much a possibility but he's still only on Michael Eavis' wish list - so not 100% confirmed, it's pending.”

Glastonbury takes place on Worthy Farm June 23-27 and is already sold out.

Artists who have already confirmed themselves to play include Hot Chip, Vampire Weekend and Dizzee Rascal.
    Source

Good choice? If Stevie did play I can honestly say I did not expect that one.

ReputationRep:
    U2 will be epic, the others: meh.

Bloody fantastic line-up if it turns out to be true. Stevie would go down a treat! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Muse will be epic just like 2004!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    Source

Good choice? If Stevie did play I can honestly say I did not expect that one.
    i cant go this year cos ive got an exam on the friday but went last year and looking at the headliners day by by day id say last years was better

neil young > U2
    bruce springsteen (and kasabian) > muse
    blur > stevie wonder

im really not a big fan of muse - i know theyre good live but tbf if they headlined i would probs find another stage

yhh stevie was really out of the blue cos i remember them talking about AC/DC quite strongly recently but tbh id much prefer stevie wonder

glastonbury is by far the best fest but as headliners go, i think the isle of wight fest has already won it with the strokes, jay z, biffy clyro, blondie and doves :yep:

All the posts so far have used 'epic,' other than the OP. :sigh: I think I'll change my adjective. :ninja:

Edit: At the time of typing :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    FML. Muse and Stevie Wonder - and I can't go

Stupid A Levels :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    All the posts so far have used 'epic,' other than the OP. :sigh: I think I'll change my adjective. :ninja:

Edit: At the time of typing :wink2:
    Cactar!

ReputationRep:
    Lneup looks pretty good, should be extra special because its the 40th anniversary oooh I hope I can go this year....

(Original post by natty_d)
    FML. Muse and Stevie Wonder - and I can't go

Stupid A Levels :cry2:
    Ugh, I know. Sucks. :nn: I share the pain.

And toblerone, without wishing to stray wildly off-topic, but yes, well spotted. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Muse at Glastonbury :coma:

Where can I get tickets?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty much a dream line up for me... if I was going, of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
    neil young > U2
    bruce springsteen (and kasabian) > muse
    blur > stevie wonder
    U2 are one of the best live acts of all time. Although they are not a festival band they will put on one hell of a show. Not to mention they have so many classic songs to play.

Bruce Springsteen I would rather have over Muse. Agreed. I watched Springsteen play last year and it was just fantastic, must of been amazing to actually be there.

I think Stevie will be a better headliner than Blur. Blur are great and no doubt can put on an amazing festival show but when Stevie pulls out the hits it will be a hell of a show.

ReputationRep:
    I love those three music acts; if they played, it'd be epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T kay)
    Muse at Glastonbury :coma:

Where can I get tickets?
    sold out

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go, but it had sold out when I tried to buy... Would like to see all them - especially Muse.

ReputationRep:
    If this was true and I end up working there i'd probably not bother with any of the headliners. I can't stand u2, not a massive stevie wonder fan and not on my list of people to see live and i'm going to see muse in september but would end up going to see them anyway cos they're awesome live :p:

ReputationRep:
    this is not faair! i cant go cos i have exams the monday after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    U2 will be epic, the others: meh.
    Eh..Muse?...The most amazing live band i've ever seen..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs Matt Bellamy)
    Eh..Muse?...The most amazing live band i've ever seen..
    um, excuse me? I'm mrs matt bellamy, maybe youre just his bit on the side...? :p:

i want to see muse at glastoo... silly chem exam!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.