Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Motivation!! Why do you want to lose weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    Totally about the clothes. I hate having a bit of moob when wearing a t-shirt that's a bit tighter.

ReputationRep:
    i want to lose a bit of weight for my dance shows in 5 weeks :/ probably wont happen though but a girl can dream eh!? x

ReputationRep:
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is so true.

No matter how pro-anorexic as people see it as, it's the main reason for wanting to lose weight. I'm not fat, I'm slim, I'm just not slim enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaNzY)
    Well done!

I have lost 4lbs in a week which I am very happy about (1200 kcals a day) but I still have about 18 to go before I am the weight I want to be (just under 9 stone)

-I just want a flat tummy and to look good in a bikini again
    -And to generally get fitter and healthier on the inside.
    Well you're not going to get healthier with just 1200 calories.

ReputationRep:
    My motivation was mainly health reasons and i've lost quite alot of weight before i used to be overweight(bmi over 25)
    but after a slow diet and changes in my eating habit i managed to lose fat. In order to keep the weight off I joined fitness first and so far its going great
    i feel healthier overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)

No matter how pro-anorexic as people see it as, it's the main reason for wanting to lose weight. I'm not fat, I'm slim, I'm just not slim enough.
    being heavily underweight is a big turn off and can affect your health, if your body feels good and heathy try not to lose extra weigths

ReputationRep:
    I just want to lose weight cos I think my upper arms and thighs are massive. And I want a smaller bum, but that's not going to happen =|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Initially crashing is okay — and 1200 (800 calorie deficit) isn't really that bad for a woman, especially if little exercise is involved — so long as you transition to something more sustainable with time.

A crash can provide that very important motivation which is necessary for further weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose loosing weight and getting fit aren't the same thing.
    But I want to be fit most of all, be able to run up the escalators like I used to without having to breathe harder.
    Lungs feel bigger and muscles feel powerful.
    Weight loss = be more sexy and feel more sexy.
    Be able to wear suspenders, as I sure as hell aint doing that with lovehandles.
    Be able to wear a tight top with tight jeans and look hot.
    But i'm scared of loosing breast fullness

ReputationRep:
    -so that i can feel more confident and dont feel like the 'fat friend'
    -so that i look good in a wedding dress, in about four years time

the biggest one however is my health, i want to loose the weight now and not get to the weight some of my family are at and now they find it harder to loose it cause they are older and have been stuck in their ways for far longer. i need to be responsible and deal with loosing weight and stop making up excusses and so far its paid off 6lb in nearly two weeks... it mite sound excessive but i am about 5 stone over weight i cant believe i ever let myself get this bad....

ReputationRep:
    To get rid of the flabby stomach I gained over Christmas.
    Because I'm really unfit.
    Because it's not long before I go on holiday.
    To improve mood/confidence.

ReputationRep:
    To look better and to wear the clothes I want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    -More attractive to the opposite sex (looks)
    -Feel more confident when speaking to the opposite sex
    -General health/fitness.
    -Unclog my arteries.
    -Feel better about myself/better self esteem.

In three weeks of giving up chocolate/sugar I've lost 11lb - not too shabby.
    Iv given up chocolate too!
    Only because i thought new years resolutions meant lent though.. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -XxX-)
    what is it with the weight loss threads these days?
    its because we are an obese society!!

(Original post by chernij)
    Yep. A hell of a lot. 4 bars a day :confused:
    I was a chocoholic and addict.
    Bit like me then :o: what do you eat instead of chocolate, I don't think I've gone without a bar(s) of chocolate for couple of months now :|

(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)

This =) though I do find eating healthy food boring and it doesn't taste good :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    its because we are an obese society!!
    and everyone suddenly remembers this obesety problem in the same week? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just to look the best I can be?
    I'm already healthy weight/fat percentage wise, have confidence in my appearance ect. but I think I can look a little bit better on the thighs (I wish you could spot reduce!)

ReputationRep:
    Lol at all these people, I bet a year from now most of you will be saying exactly the same things :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Thats just to get the weight off, as soon as thats gone then I can have a normal healthy diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -XxX-)
    I didnt say I have something better to discuss. I didnt even say dont discuss it. But there are so many of them all of a sudden, just post in one of the other ones?

I was just asking..goshh
    Sigh i don't want to pick a fight but... this makes me so aggro!!! WTF what do you want then!!!

The whole point of having a forum is not to have balanced number of threads on each topic but to communicate about whatever interests you with other people! I'm not only entitled but also encouraged to post on whatever i want! arrrrrrrghghghghghg!!!!!!!:mad:

rant over. soz. srsly though what are you trying to say woman?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.