Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Muslims did it. Quite blatantly.

ReputationRep:
    its 100% not an inside job. surely we would know 100% by now if it was. for something like that to happen the whole highest level of power would need to be corrupt when in reality, when things like this happen, only one or two tend to be and therefore events that big simply do not occur.
    ive heard loads of stories though like the towers were blown up from the inside, even that there were no planes and all the home footage and news footage was digitally altertered. what rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    No, and I think anyone who does is a moron.
    Agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottie12)
    If it really was an inside job, that would be disgusting. There would be little left to live for if thats what the world has come too.
    Wtf? Little to live for? Just because America did an inside terror job? They're hardly a nation to look up to and a nation whose example we should lead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    No, and I think anyone who does is a moron.
    why are people soooo trusworthy of the government? As if they can't put a foot wrong - or they won't tell us lies. What exactly makes you so sure that your government have your best interests at heart? The answer is they don't...they are human after all and are looking after themselves and themselves only. The 9/11 conspiracy is perfectly plausible - the only reason there isn't more circumstantial evidence is because the government obviously doesn't want the public to know about it (if its actually true). You don't think they would cover their tracks? These are professionals and we've seen how the CIA and FBI throughout history have been controversially surreptitious in their operations. Furthermore, If propaganda was alive and well in the world war two era and before, why could it not happen now? It does...but people fail to recognise the supreme influence the media has at controlling the mindset of the masses.

You are not told what you don't need to know...end of. Anyone who lives in a bubble of perfection oblivious to the motives and methods of authority figures needs to think more critically whenever they next watch the news (if indeed they do).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    Personally, I think it's disrespectful for you to even consider the concept that the US government was behind 9/11. Over 1000 People died. Al-Queda admitted responsibility - stop picking at the bones and trying to create controversy. I didn't approve of the Bush administration and their policies/moral scruples. But I don't believe any Westernised government would blow up their own people just to invoke sympathy or give cause to counter terrorism so directly.

It would have been impossible to stage a cover-up of such an event.

Conspiracy theorists such as yourself, have no respect for the dead and their families. 9/11 happened. It was a terrorist attack. Stop trying muck-rake over such an extensive tragedy and get a topic that isn't so emotionally charged. It's quite sickening how you can even contemplate this tbh.
    You're quite wrong. The death toll was nearer 3000.

ReputationRep:
    LISTEN UP. i havent taken no side to this, what part cant you understand that i want 'OPINIONS' does it say anywhere that im a conspiracy theorist? erm no? dont think so, so im not saying to anyone whats right whats wrong its your own bluddy opinion, im doing a project on this taking two sides to it :| swear some people are some dumb ***** who cant understand and giving it 10.

i wanted to see how many people actually think it was the US Government.. so the person who said 'Conspiracy theorist such as yourself, have no respect for the dead and their families. 9/11 happened. It was a terrorist attack. Stop trying muck-rake over such an extensive tragedy.' WHERE DOES IT SAY IM A CONSPIRACY THEORIST. you cant start pointin the finger at certain people just cuz theyr askin a question. so just stfu and stop being narrow minded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisyesterday)
    She did not claim to believe in any of the theories, she's simply evaluating the already existing theories for her paper. The fact is is that the theories have circulated and there are a fair amount of people who believe in them and there is nothing at all wrong with researching this in order to draw your own conclusions.

Calm the **** down.

Thanks 'thisisyesterday' appreciate what you said .!

What was the reason why a 150ft or whatever wingspan made a 60ft hole?

And why it wasn't on the camera?

Generally interested for a logical explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by payday5950)
    why are people soooo trusworthy of the government? As if they can't put a foot wrong - or they won't tell us lies. What exactly makes you so sure that your government have your best interests at heart? The answer is they don't...they are human after all and are looking after themselves and themselves only. The 9/11 conspiracy is perfectly plausible - the only reason there isn't more circumstantial evidence is because the government obviously doesn't want the public to know about it (if its actually true). You don't think they would cover their tracks? These are professionals and we've seen how the CIA and FBI throughout history have been controversially surreptitious in their operations. Furthermore, If propaganda was alive and well in the world war two era and before, why could it not happen now? It does...but people fail to recognise the supreme influence the media has at controlling the mindset of the masses.

You are not told what you don't need to know...end of. Anyone who lives in a bubble of perfection oblivious to the motives and methods of authority figures needs to think more critically whenever they next watch the news (if indeed they do).
    Read what you said backwards from the end, you're a fool.

(Original post by cowleya)
    You're quite wrong. The death toll was nearer 3000.
    1000 > 3000

She was quite right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    What was the reason why a 150ft or whatever wingspan made a 60ft hole?

And why it wasn't on the camera?

Generally interested for a logical explanation.
    Because it's not like the cartoons.. after the plane hit, there wouldn't be a big outline of a plane on the building haha! Think about it, the nose of the plane is in front and at the speed a plane is going, the rest would just explode! Wings are very light and flimsy and so would be engulfed in the explosion.. and as for the camera thing, have you not seen footage?! There's a huge explosion, so it was caught on the camera.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by payday5950)

So just because the FBI and the CIA have shady histories, we should automatically assume that they also orchestrated the biggest terrorist attack in American history, despite there being no evidence?
    I'm going with innocent until proven guilty, not the other way round.

ReputationRep:
    Call me crazy but I think Bush & the C.I.A was and is (respectively) capable of anything, including killing innocent Americans as an excuse to invade and destroy Iraq, and profit from its rebuilding.

(Original post by Entrepreneur_NO1)
    Because it's not like the cartoons.. after the plane hit, there wouldn't be a big outline of a plane on the building haha! Think about it, the nose of the plane is in front and at the speed a plane is going, the rest would just explode! Wings are very light and flimsy and so would be engulfed in the explosion.. and as for the camera thing, have you not seen footage?! There's a huge explosion, so it was caught on the camera.
    At 500mph I believe the wings, or some debris from them would hit the building.

Yes there is a huge explosion, my question where the **** was the plane on that video?

ReputationRep:
    It was bush.

ReputationRep:
    1000 > 3000

She was quite right.
    It was nearer 3000. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11

Location New York City; Arlington County, Virginia; and near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
    Date Tuesday, September 11, 2001
    8:46 am – 10:28 am (UTC-4)
    Attack type Aircraft hijacking, Mass murder, Suicide attack
    Death(s) 2,973 victims and 19 hijackers
    Injured 6,000+
    Perpetrator(s) al-Qaeda led by Osama bin Laden, see also Responsibility and Hijackers.

As much as the Bush administration loved war more than anything else, I strongly doubt they'd kill their own people to justify a counter terrorism operation.

(Original post by WhuTom)
    It was nearer 3000. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11

Location New York City; Arlington County, Virginia; and near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.
    Date Tuesday, September 11, 2001
    8:46 am – 10:28 am (UTC-4)
    Attack type Aircraft hijacking, Mass murder, Suicide attack
    Death(s) 2,973 victims and 19 hijackers
    Injured 6,000+
    Perpetrator(s) al-Qaeda led by Osama bin Laden, see also Responsibility and Hijackers.

As much as the Bush administration loved war more than anything else, I strongly doubt they'd kill their own people to justify a counter terrorism operation.
    LMAO.

3,000 is over 1,000

She said it was over 1,000

So she was right.

ReputationRep:
    At 500mph I believe the wings, or some debris from them would hit the building.

Yes there is a huge explosion, my question where the **** was the plane on that video?
    It wasn't a continuous feed - the stills updated only every few seconds. Given that the camera only covered an area of about 40-50m in front of the building and the fact that the plane was travelling at 500mph+, capturing it clearly would have been impossible. Hence the reason why you only see a thin white blur - even with a live action camera, the plane would have hit the building 0.1 seconds after coming into frame.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let it happen on purpose. I don't think they could have enginerred it itself. I know for a fact that the Taliban were threatened with regime change by the US is they didn't accept an oil pipeline in early 2001. The CIA were having high level meetings with them as soon as July 2001. And low and behold a few months later they were invaded with the perfect excuse.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.