Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    I'd also recommend you read the 9/11 Commission Report, you can debunk some of the stuff Michael Moore says using that.

DJkG.1, do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?
    No lol. I might fit some of the stereotypes you have of me but I'm not deluded so as to start believing in unlikely conspiracy theories. However, I won't say with 100% accuracy that 'anybody who believes it was an inside job must be insane'.

I agree with what WhuTom said:

(Original post by WhuTom)
    As much as the Bush administration loved war more than anything else, I strongly doubt they'd kill their own people to justify a counter terrorism operation.
    Though the Bush administration certainly did love war, and I can confidently say that they must have felt happy at some point that 9/11 occurred - all of their aims just fell into place along with some ridiculous level of popular support from the electorate. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soni.ks)
    Hi, Im gathering some information for my EPQ project (extended project qualification), and I would really appreciate if you could share your personal opinions and beliefs on what you think of the 9/11 and whether you believe that the 9/11 terrorist attacks was controlled by the United States Government.

Do you think it was an inside job?

Was the World Trade Centre a controlled demolition?

Hmmmmmmmmm share your views !
    I don't really care who did it to be honest - but whoever it was is going to hell. If you pander to it, whoever did it won.

All I will say, is listen to Ralph Buckley on Spotify :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If you believe (heck, even if you dont- and are just looking for a laugh) in the 9/11 conspiracy, read this:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....i?u=911_morons

Sorry if its been posted before

(Original post by Hoody555)
    I don't know what to believe about the plane that supposedly went into the pentagon.
    Yeah there were no plane parts found and the hole created was like a 1/3 of the width of the plane and it was such a precise hole :woo:

(Original post by humz2)
    Yeah there were no plane parts found and the hole created was like a 1/3 of the width of the plane and it was such a precise hole :woo:

I just google imaged "Pentagon plane parts", here's literally the first image

Here's the hole as well. The one conspiracy theorists show you is one made by landing gear.

Don't be a fool.

ReputationRep:
    No, its complete and utter ********.

ReputationRep:
    No I DON'T think it was a conspiracy and anyone who does is an idiot and completely disrespectful to all those who died on the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    No lol. I might fit some of the stereotypes you have of me but I'm not deluded so as to start believing in unlikely conspiracy theories.
    Thank god :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    News agencies around the world are fed their information by a variety of outside sources, not just their own reporters. It only takes one small mistake, a mix up in communications or a misinterpretation somewhere along the line between sender and receiver for what happened on BBC News to occur. This was especially applicable on 9/11 in New York, when there was complete chaos and media outlets were being overloaded with information from every direction. No one had a completely accurate picture of what was going on.
    If it was an innocent mistake then why have both copies of the video (stored in different locations) gone missing without a good explanation?

(Original post by HDS)
    I'm not implying anything but terrorists flying with landing gear out? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death_on_the_stairs)
    I dont personally know. 1 plausible explanation is that someone made a collosal f*ck up and put out the news story too early.

What I find more disturbing is that both hard copies of the video (in seperate locations) have gone missing without an explanation. This only fuels the 'cover up' fire.
    Bradford eh? Where abouts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisyesterday)
    She did not claim to believe in any of the theories, she's simply evaluating the already existing theories for her paper. The fact is is that the theories have circulated and there are a fair amount of people who believe in them and there is nothing at all wrong with researching this in order to draw your own conclusions.

Calm the **** down.

This.

(Original post by Y__)
    "The government doesn't always tell the truth" is not really a very good reason to believe some random guy who made a youtube video, though.

I found that people who do believe the conspiracy theories are usually not very open to arguments along the lines of 'the government wouldn't do such a cruel thing because...' since they're adamant that governments are always liars.

I therefore would like to add the following point to the discussion: Imagine you were some kind of high-ranking government official planning a terror attack against your own country and blaming others for it. What do you do? Two examples:

-Find people who will kidnap two planes and fly them into buildings. (Depending on which conspiracy theory you like, also add missiles hitting the pentagon, one plane going totally missing and extra explosives in the WTC.)

-Put a large bomb into a truck and blow it up in some city.

The former is so much more difficult, and there's so many things that can go wrong (what if your pilots miss the targets? what if one of the pilots runs away and tells other people? where do you get that mysterious missile from without someone noticing that it's missing? what if your pilots are caught?) while the latter would be relatively easy and have a very similar effect.

It just doesn't seem a very good plan for an inside job.

Tbh, the FBI/Homeland security are not really helping by holding back loads of evidence, including video tapes they confiscated from CCTV and random people - it just fuels the conspiracy theorists and there's nothing to gain from it really apart from keeping some folks who like secret stuff satisfied.

also don't forget -

If you really do something like that....considering the scale of the lies and everything

would you REALLY let some dumb **** make a video about how he knows better than every engineer out there thus showing the world your scheme?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student2806)
    So just because the FBI and the CIA have shady histories, we should automatically assume that they also orchestrated the biggest terrorist attack in American history, despite there being no evidence?
    I'm going with innocent until proven guilty, not the other way round.
    But they had a similar history. Remeber cuba (operation northwood):

• Put communist bilboards up in florida
    • Kill college students in Airplane
    • Blow up a building
    • Get public opinion for war

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Though the Bush administration certainly did love war, and I can confidently say that they must have felt happy at some point that 9/11 occurred - all of their aims just fell into place along with some ridiculous level of popular support from the electorate. :rolleyes:
    I agree with this, 9/11 (which to me was undoubtably a terrorist attack) provided the Bush administration with the emotive support of most of the American populace...it allowed the Americans to invade two countries with minimal resistance from Americans, curtail civil liberties, brand certain people as unpatriotic and so forth.

However prior to 9/11 Bush himself was very non-interventionist :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonjon123)
    But they had a similar history. Remeber cuba (operation northwood):

• Put communist bilboards up in florida
    • Kill college students in Airplane
    • Blow up a building
    • Get public opinion for war
    Not exactly the same scale is it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    also don't forget -

If you really do something like that....considering the scale of the lies and everything

would you REALLY let some dumb **** make a video about how he knows better than every engineer out there thus showing the world your scheme?:rolleyes:
    If the media portrays conspiracy theorist as science was portrayed 2000 years ago, why would they need to do anything? Look at Charlie sheen one mention that he is a conspiracy theorist, massive loss of fan base.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernesto)
    Wtf? Little to live for? Just because America did an inside terror job? They're hardly a nation to look up to and a nation whose example we should lead.
    It wasn't just America that was effected though was it? We went to bloody war because of the after effects of 9/11! And how many more people have died there...

(Original post by humz2)
    I'm not implying anything but terrorists flying with landing gear out? :lolwut:

It was hijacked less than 35 minutes into the flight....

why would htey be bothered about gear up or down....they were going to die anyways i doubt they thought "hmm let's be considerate on this one and make the parts easier to retrieve"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Not exactly the same scale is it? :rolleyes:
    They got caught. Time moves one and technology grows making it easier to hide secrets now. Anyway, I do not believe that the government did it, but I am also not taking that factor out of the equation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.