Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

9 year old becomes one of the world's youngest mothers! Watch

ReputationRep:
    You know love, just because you can only have one child doesn't mean you have to get it over and done with!

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell

although I cant really find any sources or stuff so it may just be fake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    The youngest to give birth was a five year old from Peru called Lina Medina or something like that.
    Yeah I wikied that and the photo of her pregnant will have a sickening effect on me for hours to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Maybe God did it like with Mary?
    I actually LOL-ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    I didn't think of that :lolwut:

Plus it's the only kid she can ever have, because of the rules over there
    Not true; you're only allowed a single minor in your care at one time. Adults don't count. When the girl is 27 she'll be allowed another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemo14)
    Given that 9 year olds can't give consent, what else could have happened?
    This. I'm kind of shocked that anyone could take the attitude that it only 'might' have been rape. Of course it was; 'consent' isn't a concept that applies when you're talking about nine year old children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomiswellcool)
    But if you go onto her page apperently she was born at the age of 76, so she is a sorta female benjamin button.... benjamina button?
    That's her current age. Anyone on Wikipedia that isn't listed as deceased will have their current age listed next to their birth date.

(Original post by heidigirl)
    This. I'm kind of shocked that anyone could take the attitude that it only 'might' have been rape. Of course it was; 'consent' isn't a concept that applies when you're talking about nine year old children.

Wanna bet?

http://web.archive.org/web/200705210...story20_1.html

ReputationRep:
    Poor little thing And that picture of Lina Medina creeped me out. I can't imagine a five year old girl carrying the weight of a baby, let alone having to give birth.

ReputationRep:
    If this is true then I feel a little sick inside...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    Wanna bet?

http://web.archive.org/web/200705210...story20_1.html
    A 9 year old can say "yes" to sex in the same way that someone given rohypnol could - since they don't have the capacity to make an informed decision, it doesn't qualify as consent. Arguably the age of the boy (which wasn't specified) comes into play here too I suppose, but even if he is of the same age, I'd find it dubious that she'd had no history of sexual violence that colours that sex, given that 9 year old very, very rarely desire organically to have regular sex (sexual play, yes, but regular intercourse? not so much)

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, trust the Chinese to always try to out-do us round eyed devils.

We get Alfie Pattern, they can't settle for that.

ReputationRep:
    I feel old :lolwut:

A 9 year old can say "yes" to sex in the same way that someone given rohypnol could - since they don't have the capacity to make an informed decision, it doesn't qualify as consent. Arguably the age of the boy (which wasn't specified) comes into play here too I suppose, but even if he is of the same age, I'd find it dubious that she'd had no history of sexual violence that colours that sex, given that 9 year old very, very rarely desire organically to have regular sex (sexual play, yes, but regular intercourse? not so much)

The age of the boy is all-important.

It is a rare occurrence but to be fair the whole story is a rare occurrence, it's not '29 year old gives birth' but rather '9 year old gives birth'. This isn't a story where you can apply regular thinking. That said it is fully possible for it to have been rape as it has been most times in these cases historically. All I'm saying is it could also not be rape.

Your comparison to rohypnol is a poor one btw.

As for sexual violence....9 year olds rarely desiring sex isn't my area of expertise....but I doubt it's yours either.

All I'm saying is that there is a good chance of it not having been rape too and that this has happened before in the same hemisphere to be precise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polkmn)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._birth_mothers

Youngest mother to give birth was 5 years old.
    I'm more disturbed by this list - a 27-year-old that's not only legally married to, but also having sex with and impregnating a 9-year-old? Just frightening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HDS)
    The age of the boy is all-important.

It is a rare occurrence but to be fair the whole story is a rare occurrence, it's not '29 year old gives birth' but rather '9 year old gives birth'. This isn't a story where you can apply regular thinking. That said it is fully possible for it to have been rape as it has been most times in these cases historically. All I'm saying is it could also not be rape.

Your comparison to rohypnol is a poor one btw.

As for sexual violence....9 year olds rarely desiring sex isn't my area of expertise....but I doubt it's yours either.

All I'm saying is that there is a good chance of it not having been rape too and that this has happened before in the same hemisphere to be precise.
    I'm probably a tad more defensive here because a lot of the earlier responses seemed to imply the possibility of rape to be a small one, which I would very, very strongly disagree with.
    I'll concede the point that there's a possibility it wan't rape in such a clear cut way, but I don't think there's a "good chance" of that. I also don't think that that article was a particularly good one to demonstrate your point, given that it didn't state the age of the boy, and the sex could well have been coerced. The only point I was trying to make about prior sexual violence is that even if there was superficial consent between the two of them, it doesn't make that decision necessarily one without outside influences negating even further the quality of that consent. While, yes it's not my area of expertise, one of the common warning signs of sexual abuse in children is a high level of promiscuity and sexual knowledge outside of that usual for their age :dontknow:

Also, I'm not sure why you feel the comparison to drug rape is such a poor one. Perhaps a better analogy would be someone with a mental disability that prevented them from understanding fully the decision they were making, but I think the basic principle is the same

Apologies if this comes across as aggressive - not my intention! :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's awful....

P.S. It turned out Alfie Patten wasn't that kid's dad in the end.

ReputationRep:
    thats pretty ******* sick

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this - and so does Chinese Law :yep:
    9 year olds can't consent to sex, simple as.

I'm probably a tad more defensive here because a lot of the earlier responses seemed to imply the possibility of rape to be a small one, which I would very, very strongly disagree with.
    I'll concede the point that there's a possibility it wan't rape in such a clear cut way, but I don't think there's a "good chance" of that. I also don't think that that article was a particularly good one to demonstrate your point, given that it didn't state the age of the boy, and the sex could well have been coerced. The only point I was trying to make about prior sexual violence is that even if there was superficial consent between the two of them, it doesn't make that decision necessarily one without outside influences negating even further the quality of that consent. While, yes it's not my area of expertise, one of the common warning signs of sexual abuse in children is a high level of promiscuity and sexual knowledge outside of that usual for their age :dontknow:

Also, I'm not sure why you feel the comparison to drug rape is such a poor one. Perhaps a better analogy would be someone with a mental disability that prevented them from understanding fully the decision they were making, but I think the basic principle is the same

Apologies if this comes across as aggressive - not my intention! :p:

No worries, I understand and I (mostly) agree.

Chances are it was rape, but that being said there are other factors too like what I have stated.

The drug rape isn't an apt comparison because it's not a concious decision, much like that one sleep disorder that makes you rape people in your sleep (I forget it's name but it does exist). In what I just said the supposed rapist isn't making the concious decision to go through with it and is thus more comparable.

The diminished mental capacity is more apt though:yep:

As for common knowledge....to be honest many things are common knowledge but that doesn't necessarily make them right 100% of the time, a single cosmo magazine could invalidate that:p:

If the boy is her age though (if there is a boy and not some sicko) then i think the plot does thicken (who raped who in that case?). Also I personally think there is a good chance (by which I mean at least 20% chance) that twas a boy and not an adult who did it....

As per above, the only reason I say it may not be rape is because if (and that is an if) there is a boy which is her age or younger or slightly (say 1 year) older then it is a question of who raped who (assuming superficial 'consent') and it gets to just be pointless to discuss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.