Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streamline)
    I thought there was one from the west entrance?

I'm doing Medicine so I guess its gonna be a long trek for the three of us :p:

(Original post by Ian80)
    Long walk for me too, over in the QMC
    i'm doing Nursing so i'll be at QMC too

and I got a map of the campus and it says there's a hopper at the West entrance

I think we're gonna end up meeting XD

ReputationRep:
    How can the large ensuites be gone already? wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanischa)
    large en-suite have limited availability...

BGP just phoned me today when I was in my yoga class D;
    Then they e-mailed me about deposit when I've given them details... ¬_¬
    you must be crazy flexible :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cannonball)
    you must be crazy flexible :p:
    I'm not, lol.
    But I did fall asleep at the end XD

ReputationRep:
    I applied to broadgate park through their website, should I just wait for a reply or also apply to other places through nottingham website??

ReputationRep:
    wait for a reply.

ReputationRep:
    cheers x

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    i heard they were refurbishing the single study rooms, just wondering if anyone knows if its a complete refurb (like bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms etc) or just a bit of a tidy up. Would quite like to save the money and go for single study rather than ensuite!

ReputationRep:
    Most probably everything, which is reassuring

ReputationRep:
    Hey people. I'm most likely going to firm Nottingham for M100 Law. I'm rally confused with what accomodation to pick. I want a self-catered accomodation package. Therefore, I narrowed my choices down to Broadgate Park and St. Peter's Court. I really don't know which is better! Can someone please help me out! Since this is the BGP thread, what are the advantages of coming there rather than going to SPC! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henil3110)
    Hey people. I'm most likely going to firm Nottingham for M100 Law. I'm rally confused with what accomodation to pick. I want a self-catered accomodation package. Therefore, I narrowed my choices down to Broadgate Park and St. Peter's Court. I really don't know which is better! Can someone please help me out! Since this is the BGP thread, what are the advantages of coming there rather than going to SPC! Thanks!

I was going to go to SPC at first because it's cheaper and all their room are en-suite but I changed my mind because of it's location (radford and a bit too far away from university park even though it has it's own hopper bus) and you have to pay like £5 a week or something to get good internet which would make the SPC accomodation cost nearly as much as stay in BGP where it is in a better area (Beeston).

I don't think you get a self-catered package but try looking on their websites and you will get a better idea.

ReputationRep:
    - BGP is closer to the main campus, where almost everything goes on.
    - I think (keyword: THINK) the Law Department is located closer to BGP than SPC.
    - Beeston is a very nice area, many shops round there etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanischa)
    I was going to go to SPC at first because it's cheaper and all their room are en-suite but I changed my mind because of it's location (radford and a bit too far away from university park even though it has it's own hopper bus) and you have to pay like £5 a week or something to get good internet which would make the SPC accomodation cost nearly as much as stay in BGP where it is in a better area (Beeston).

I don't think you get a self-catered package but try looking on their websites and you will get a better idea.
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    - BGP is closer to the main campus, where almost everything goes on.
    - I think (keyword: THINK) the Law Department is located closer to BGP than SPC.
    - Beeston is a very nice area, many shops round there etc.
    Thanks a lot both of you! Yes I did notice that SPC does not have internet services, so broadgate park would be a better choice! I was looking at the Accomodation website for the comparision, and the only differences between the two are SPC doesn't have a warden, a tutor and internet, while BGP has all of those! The second factor is the location! BGP is more near to the Campus than SPC! However, SPC has free buses to BOTH the campus and City!

I have one query though, does BGP have a gym? Because SPC has one, and its FREE!

ReputationRep:
    I have one query though, does BGP have a gym? Because SPC has one, and its FREE!
    Very close to the on-campus gym but it is quite expensive

ReputationRep:
    I heard that the buses doesn't always run on time...and I have had enough to buses that doesn't run on time around where I live...

BGP doesn't have a gym but that didn't bother me...since in my life, I have been to the gym once...

I was also worried about living in Radford, like when I'd be walking home from clubs/lectures at night, I don't know how safe that would be.

ReputationRep:
    someone please tell me theres ensuite rooms left

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure there is but you can always call them up.

ReputationRep:
    Only the large ensuites are gone I think. Or shared. One of those anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email yesterday saying that my choices have been passed on to broadgate and that I should hear back within the next 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from BGP today...yay !!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.