Turn on thread page Beta

What's the biggest drain on your money? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just a bit of fun, really. I wonder what everyone spends most of their spare cash on? For the purposes of this, I'd like you to ignore rent, council tax, utility bills, groceries and car insurance.

Working on a monthly budget, most of my cash goes on petrol (I have a budget of £50 for it, and other cash given to me by friends). That's closely followed by savings for gifts.

How about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I only spend £30 a month on petrol, probably...and this is going to sound so sad, but my gym membership and household utilitys such as new glasses, plates, or wall decorations, home acsessories..rugs..I have a thing for ikea too

ReputationRep:
    stain remover, costs a bomb

ReputationRep:
    food.

I rarely buy anything else: I bought a cd last month, and a game this month, that's it.

ReputationRep:
    I keep buying clothes. All the time. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Uni books and food.

ReputationRep:
    Computer games.

ReputationRep:
    My bike does 100 mpg yet the way I drive it I get like 40 mpg lol. So about £30 on petrol.

ReputationRep:
    Starbucks :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Food/drink/Meals - Probably spend the same on food as I do meals, a lot!
    More than 3 days without eating out is too long.... I'm such a good student.

ReputationRep:
    Buying crap.

ReputationRep:
    Going out or clothes. I'm not quite sure because I spend a lot on alcohol every week, whereas I can go weeks without buying clothes but then spend loads in one go.

ReputationRep:
    books and records :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Driving Lessons <_<

ReputationRep:
    Ant killer, those ******* just won't go down quietly. Everyone wishes their answer was condoms.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Bon Jovi

ReputationRep:
    I don't really spend money on anything that's not on your ignore list :p: Books maybe?

ReputationRep:
    iPod touch + iTunes + Apps - Money = Me Broke.

ReputationRep:
    Food.

ReputationRep:
    Clothes :blushing: I;m so vain :/ and Costa drinks! :awesome:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.