Turn on thread page Beta

Why are some hot people always single? watch

ReputationRep:
    I went to college with a very pretty girl who always seems to be single and then they're are loads of celebrities like Terri Hatcher, Jennifer Aniston and Geri Halliwell who just seem like they can never hold down a guy. Why are some people who seem like a good catch always single?
    As for me wouldn't say I look that bad but I've been single for nearly 3 years, I just have flings with guys or it's either guys like me and I don't like them back or I like certain guys and they don't like me back. Would be good if I could meet a guy who was crazy about me and I felt the same about him.

ReputationRep:
    cos if you touch them you burnnn :p:

ReputationRep:
    because some of us think relationships in our youth are completely pointless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    but relationships just happen don't they? You fall for someone then you want to be with them and end up togther. Maybe some people just don't get the emotional connection with anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Because hot people have the biggest choice of possible 'suitors' so they want to keep their options open plus it is far more fun being single.

ReputationRep:
    I see what you did thar.

ReputationRep:
    SOmetimes, because you are so beautiful, some guys will often feel threatended by your beauty and think that theyre way out of your league...i believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey_89)
    but relationships just happen don't they? You fall for someone then you want to be with them and end up togther. Maybe some people just don't get the emotional connection with anyone.
    A lot of people get into relationships for the wrong reasons though.
    If you lived my life style, you would really question if having a gf would be a benefit, or a weight on your shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    fvgbjm,

ReputationRep:
    What you're getting at is why are hot people often single? I always ask myself that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    ...because not all girls like the combo of metalhead and black.

I'm God IMO still...

ReputationRep:
    'cause they like the secksy time with different people?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it is because they have the personality of a rock or they don't want to be committed in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Very high standards? So high that nobody is ever good enough.

ReputationRep:
    don't get the emotional connection with anyone.

Edit: wait you said "Why are some hot people always single", never mind D:

ReputationRep:
    I went to college with a very pretty girl who always seems to be single and then they're are loads of celebrities like Terri Hatcher, Jennifer Aniston and Geri Halliwell who just seem like they can never hold down a guy. Why are some people who seem like a good catch always single?
    As for me wouldn't say I look that bad but I've been single for nearly 3 years, I just have flings with guys or it's either guys like me and I don't like them back or I like certain guys and they don't like me back. Would be good if I could meet a guy who was crazy about me and I felt the same about him.
    I guess looks can get boring after a while.

And I agree with someone else, high standards, though I don't think that's confined to being hot...for example I am the worlds worst for doing that, looking for Mr Impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperings)
    Because hot people have the biggest choice of possible 'suitors' so they want to keep their options open plus it is far more fun being single.
    this is a possible reason.

ReputationRep:
    This is not a question worthy of General Discussion. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people get into relationships for the wrong reasons though.
    If you lived my life style, you would really question if having a gf bf would be a benefit, or a weight on your shoulders.
    This. Every time i get involved with someone, it feels like i'm being taken advantage of and the relationship distracts me from other far more important aspects in life.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or do Miss_Scarlett's profile pictures seem to get raunchier and raunchier, with an increasingly volumized hairstyle every time you click on her profile page?

Just an observation. No offence to Miss_Scarlett. Although I do keep expecting to click and see her in her underwear sporting an afro.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.