Turn on thread page Beta

Why are some hot people always single? watch

ReputationRep:
    Loooads of reasons, it's not like being good looking entitles you to a relationship!
    They might be arrogant, or just generally have a not nice personality, might have really high standards, if they get a lot of attetion they might be more likely to cheat, or they might just be so hot that it intimidates anyone who likes them. tbh though the last one is not as likely, even though I've seen a few threads on TSR by people trying to convince themselves they are such a great catch that it scares people away and that's why they're single :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyS:))
    People with amazing looks are often so used to getting away with being naturally adored etc. that they don;t have the best-developed personalitites....so, for the high-intimacy level of a relationship, they aren't the most entertaining, addictive people to be with
    :ditto:

They are so used to getting what they want simply for being beautiful they feel no need to actually be nice to people or make an effort in any other way.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe they're shy, and afflicted with an unusually low opinion of themselves, so they don't initiate a relationship, while others view them as 'out of their league', and don't bother trying.

Also a possibility. :sadnod:
    But the 'nice looks, nasty personality' situation is far more common. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    why are so many ugly people taken. why does the wind blow. why do trees sing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Maybe they are single because people are making assumptions like a lot of people here?

Apart from that, theres goodlooking and theres stunningly goodlooking. People tend to be a bit aloof when someone is that attractive. Judgements are made , especially in a looks obsessed society where we live. There is a certain amount of jealously and stupid behaviour. The reason a lot of stunningly attractive people are single is because of the types of people who show interest. Sure some very attractive people aren't that nice just like in any group of people, but rather than always thinking it is them with the problem.... look at yourselves.
    Completely agree with that ^^^^^

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. I have had quite a few boyfriends in my time but none of my relationships last beyond a few weeks. The longest relationship I've ever had was 3 months and I really don't know why. I see girls out there who are plainer yet they have kept their boyfriends for years. Saying that though, I am intensely picky about relationships and I tend to get bored easy.
    Also, I know a girl who is one of THE prettiest girls ever. She’s just totally stunning in every way. She's a model and yet can't find herself anyone suitable. I think it may be because she is also very very picky. The guy she like (her ex) is dating another model, more successful than her.
    It sucks but maybe we should lower our standards and we might find ourselves someone really nice.
    BTW you are really pretty

ReputationRep:
    terri hatcher is the female micheal jackson

still love her in desperate housewives doe

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many people here claim that hot people have rubbish personalities? :rolleyes: It's like saying - "all ugly people are nice, friendly, kind and so on." Which is not true.

ReputationRep:
    Which mod deleted my previous posts on this forum?! What would be the reason ? I said nothing offensive/rude/racist, and yet my posts get deleted :confused:

:hmmm: Not appreciated at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Thanks for your input, but I didnt actually ask for a facial appraisal in the first instance
    Don't quite get why everyone felt the need to chip in - you took it well, though! And you're prettyyy. :suith:

OP, I don't think it has anything to do with how attractive someone is, necessarily... especially since opinions vary. It's probably more to do with the fact that some people genuinely feel happier single, whilst at certain points in peoples' lives, they seek a relationship regardless of their looks. It's all about the individual, but we tend to focus on their looks. All sorts of people can be single for all sorts of reasons...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    :yes: quite a lot are attractive on the outside but disgustingly fugly on the inside
    yeah, just tell the world you have a 'disgustingly fugly' personality why don't you neo! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I guess looks can get boring after a while.

And I agree with someone else, high standards, though I don't think that's confined to being hot...for example I am the worlds worst for doing that, looking for Mr Impossible.
    Damn you, Swifty! Just let him come to you! Take a break!

Thanks for your input, but I didnt actually ask for a facial appraisal in the first instance
    I think you look like woopi goldberg

(Original post by nellydee)
    yeah, just tell the world you have a 'disgustingly fugly' personality why don't you neo! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    On the contrary, ever girl is taken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    I think you look like woopi goldberg
    ummmm, how so?? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princesschickenbelly)
    :ditto:

They are so used to getting what they want simply for being beautiful they feel no need to actually be nice to people or make an effort in any other way.

But there are some really nice people who have grown into their looks though, or so i've noticed anyway. Some people i remember from school with really gorgeous personalities who weren't that attractive, but now they've grown up and gotten out of that 'ugly duckling' phase and are really quite beautiful these days, and the personality generally remains. So it's not necessarily the same for EVERY pretty person.

ummmm, how so?? :hmmmm:
    You eyebrow, es the same, vey nie. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    You eyebrow, es the same, vey nie. :yy:
    Whoopi is a fine woman

Whoopi is a fine woman
    I said so ages ago! She's a handsome specimine. A fine fillie. She's also not aged a day in 18 years at least... and if there's one thing you have to respect, it's voodoo.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.