Turn on thread page Beta

Please recommend me an eyeshadow that won't crease! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm after a few new make-up bits and bobs at the moment, and one thing I'm struggling to find is a reasonably priced eyeshadow which doesn't crease *or* make my eyes sting. I have considered using a primer but I think the extra layer of makeup is likely to make my eyes hurt, and at the moment I can't really afford to buy one on the off-chance that I'm wrong!

I'm after something purple or blue for under £10 that'll last most of the day without creasing noticeably, preferably strongly pigmented so I don't have to apply too much. The best I've found in this regard so far is the Loreal trio set (I have the Penelope Cruz one in gold and brown), but the glitter goes everywhere and I don't think the other colours would suit me...

Thanks in advance, any suggestions much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    mac eyeshadows are pretty good but they will eventually crease, but if u have sensitive eyes maybe try a hypoallergenic brand, thing theres one called almey not sure how good it is though.

ReputationRep:
    i love urban decay, they seem to last forever and stay strong all day, with no creases? and i think the pallets are a steal at like, 25 quid for 9 colours

ReputationRep:
    I would still recommend a primer as that's the best thing for making eyeshadows stay put, especially ones with glitter...and the best eyeshadows I recommend do contain very fine glitter - Barry M Dazzle Dusts are lovely and strong pigments (though not too reasonably priced at £4.50 a pot). Boot's 17 colours aren't bad though and are cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, Barry M Dazzle Dusts are pure win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    I would still recommend a primer as that's the best thing for making eyeshadows stay put, especially ones with glitter...and the best eyeshadows I recommend do contain very fine glitter - Barry M Dazzle Dusts are lovely and strong pigments (though not too reasonably priced at £4.50 a pot). Boot's 17 colours aren't bad though and are cheaper.
    Hmm, do you know of any good "starter" primers, please? I'm sure you're right about them being incredibly useful (I've already accepted that my pot of dazzle dust will never work without one), but I'm wary of spending £14 on something from Benefit/UD I might not be able to use.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, that gives me a good place to start looking! Had no idea the UD palettes were such good value, by the way...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I like the Bourjois eyeshadows in a pot. I don't notice creasing but then again I don't wear eyeshadow too often.

I like the dazzle dusts too but it is SO hard not to spill it everywhere!! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Use a primer.

ReputationRep:
    I use my concealer as a sort-of primer, and none of my eye shadows crease and I've used loads of different brands (from really cheap to quite expensive)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Go for one of the Urban Decay eyeshadow/mini primer sets. They're awesome and you at least get an awesome eyeshadow out of it if the primer does cause any problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Go for one of the Urban Decay eyeshadow/mini primer sets. They're awesome and you at least get an awesome eyeshadow out of it if the primer does cause any problems.
    Yeah I'd do this. I started off buying one of these, and then I bought a set that actually has a larger primer than the usual standard one sold alone. As you can see, I'm a fan of Urban Decay's primer!

ReputationRep:
    Use a primer.

But if you're really, really against the idea, I always found that 17, Urban Decay, Sleek and Kryolan shadows stay on all day with no creasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsAnnThropic)
    Hmm, do you know of any good "starter" primers, please? I'm sure you're right about them being incredibly useful (I've already accepted that my pot of dazzle dust will never work without one), but I'm wary of spending £14 on something from Benefit/UD I might not be able to use.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, that gives me a good place to start looking! Had no idea the UD palettes were such good value, by the way...
    ATM I'm using Collection 2000's 16 hour concealer, can't remember the name of it. It works perfectly as a primer. Only cost me a couple of quid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Do this. The eyeshadows are lovely even if you don't like the primer.

ReputationRep:
    Urban decay!

ReputationRep:
    Try this: http://www.asos.com/Urban-Decay/Urba...PreenShadowBox

ReputationRep:
    The Urban Decay primer is really good. Too Faced do one that is also supposed to be good, though I have not tried it personally.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely recommend a primer

ReputationRep:
    i usw white eyeliner which is really cheap and prevents your makeup from blending.

ReputationRep:
    Sleek makeup palettes are incredible. £4.99 or something ridiculous for a palette of... ten colours I think? I bought one just because I liked the colours, and I've discovered that they're actually incredible! The colours stay so strong and stay put really well! I use Urban Decay primer sometimes, but often I don't bother and it's still fine! Really would recommend Sleek, as some people have thought it's Mac before when I've had it on, so clearly doesn't look as cheap as it is!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.