Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend fallen out with me because I don't like his mum watch

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread earlier about a horrible problem I was going through with my boyfriend because of the lack of manners he was being taught at home (his mum did things like leaving underwear on the washing line and ashtrays in the kitchen). I brought it up with him earlier on the phone, and was quite direct, just saying 'I just need to know that you're not going to turn out anything like her, because if you are then we can just end it now'. We had a massive argument though because he said I was insulting her. That was not true, I was just saying I felt she was ill-mannered. He hung up on me anyway, and hasn't responded to various texts. I feel like I'm in a dead-end relationship at times, as evidenced by tonight, and know that I could get a much better looking guy (and probably one with a more bloody classy mother :mad:).

How would you approach this?

ReputationRep:
    1. You're not dating his mum; if he's worth dating you'll deal with his mother
    2. Ash trays are better than not using an ash tray
    3. What's wrong with leaving underwear on a washing line?
    4. I would not date you if you insulted my mum for no good reason
    5. If you think you can get a 'much better looking guy' why don't you do just that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    (his mum did things like leaving underwear on the washing line and ashtrays in the kitchen)
    ....and what's wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    why did u say he might end up like her???

ReputationRep:
    played.

ReputationRep:
    gawd im sorry but i think you were probably in the wrong. my mum is a messy cow and half out of her mind tbh but if my partner said anything like that about her i would throat punch him....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    ....and what's wrong with that?
    QFT!
    My mum puts underwear on the washing line, is that some taboo I did not know of?

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread earlier about a horrible problem I was going through with my boyfriend because of the lack of manners he was being taught at home (his mum did things like leaving underwear on the washing line and ashtrays in the kitchen). I brought it up with him earlier on the phone, and was quite direct, just saying 'I just need to know that you're not going to turn out anything like her, because if you are then we can just end it now'. We had a massive argument though because he said I was insulting her. That was not true, I was just saying I felt she was ill-mannered. He hung up on me anyway, and hasn't responded to various texts. I feel like I'm in a dead-end relationship at times, as evidenced by tonight, and know that I could get a much better looking guy (and probably one with a more bloody classy mother :mad:).

How the hell is having underwear on a washing line and having ashtrays in the house "ill-mannered"? You sound ridiculous.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You are just an idiot with no tact.

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong with leaving underwear on the washing line??
    how are they meant 2 dry otherwise???

ReputationRep:
    load of *****....

im not suprised your bf has had a fit on the phone, this is just the most rubbish problem ive heard in a while.... and believe me ive heard real zingers. lol

if your going to break up beacuse of these little things that shoudnt even cross your mind.... then good luck in the future with everything, beacuse there are bigger problems then ash trys in kitchens....omg...

ReputationRep:
    Having your knickers out for all the neigbours to see is the height of ill-manners AFAIC.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please, people, don't feed the troll.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not the only person confused about this underwear thing. But if you're saying you could get a "much better looking guy", it sounds like you don't value him very much anway.

ReputationRep:
    trollalol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squeak)
    trollalol
    damn you beat me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    How the hell is having underwear on a washing line and having ashtrays in the house "ill-mannered"? You sound ridiculous.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    1. You're not dating his mum; if he's worth dating you'll deal with his mother
    2. Ash trays are better than not using an ash tray
    3. What's wrong with leaving underwear on a washing line?
    4. I would not date you if you insulted my mum for no good reason
    5. If you think you can get a 'much better looking guy' why don't you do just that?
    agreed, why is she with him if he isn't that good looking and she is that shallow,

ReputationRep:

That sounded really big headed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know where you are coming from, love, him mums sounds pretty normal to me and i would have gone ******* if you insulted my mum like that. I don't get on with my boyfriends mum, but none of my reasons are so petty. Other that that she is completely tolerable person. His dad is another story.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.