The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
coolcat34
guys, why are answering this person? he is obviously looking for something to say in his interview and what better way to get his arguments together than by creating one!!

hey its an interview question. kinda proves that the universities know its the world's biggest scam. and that its not real health care but rather a money making exam.
Phalanges
Observant.

Most of the dentists listed on that website act as private dentists. NHS ones are very hard to find.

The Ones that are practices are usually NHS ones, but there are not many of those.
Reply 22
Phalanges
Observant.

Most of the dentists listed on that website act as private dentists. NHS ones are very hard to find.

another point. its hard to access. a head of this there is not equal care. my friend's dad is a dentist and he was through his braces very quickly unlike me. if there is discrimination there how do i know i dont get equal treatment for other reasons.
Reply 23
polkmn
Oh well, who gives a ****. Lol.

oh so no-one gives a **** about dentistry anyway. it is just a stupid thing.
Reply 24
Good lord you are so ignorant. Why would you start a thread about something you so clearly know nothing about?
Do you honestly think that everyone who has braces has exactly the same case and therefore has them on for exactly the same length of time? Besides, you didn't HAVE to have braces - did someone tie you down and weld them onto your teeth?
And I've had 1 dentist my whole life and more than a dozen different doctors - what's your point?
Reply 25
Dreadful oral hygeine disgust me.
Dentistry scares me silly but if I have a cavity or a sensitive tooth...i'll want to see my dentist.

Apparently the dentistry profession has the highest rate of suicides. Interesting..
Reply 27
Tbf, he has a point. We only want to be dentists so we can get these:

Mushaboom
Good lord you are so ignorant. Why would you start a thread about something you so clearly know nothing about?
Do you honestly think that everyone who has braces has exactly the same case and therefore has them on for exactly the same length of time? Besides, you didn't HAVE to have braces - did someone tie you down and weld them onto your teeth?
And I've had 1 dentist my whole life and more than a dozen different doctors - what's your point?

:coma: well said! :p:
Reply 29
YellowDucksOnBlueSocks
Dentistry scares me silly but if I have a cavity or a sensitive tooth...i'll want to see my dentist.

Apparently the dentistry profession has the highest rate of suicides. Interesting..

Actually, it's the fourth happiest profession in the country
Link: http://www.virginmedia.com/jobs/features/ukshappiestprofessions.php
O_RLY?
Tbf, he has a point. We only want to be dentists so we can get these:

Are you being serious? :rolleyes:
Reply 31
TwirlGirl
Are you being serious? :rolleyes:

:awesome:
Mushaboom
Actually, it's the fourth happiest profession in the country
Link: http://www.virginmedia.com/jobs/features/ukshappiestprofessions.php

Gosh, it always stuck in my mind when my teacher told a student who wanted to do dentistry in uni this. Kinda harsh I thought, but she found it mildy amusing (the teacher)
O_RLY?
:awesome:

lol i love that face, it's so cheeky :p:
Reply 34
yeah this was an inside job. i was contemplating doing dentistry as a career path. and wanted one of you guys to give me a set of great reasons and justifications. instead i got 4x4's. that tells a lot. i think i want to help people though (goes to have a look at the medicine forum)
Reply 35
YellowDucksOnBlueSocks
Gosh, it always stuck in my mind when my teacher told a student who wanted to do dentistry in uni this. Kinda harsh I thought, but she found it mildy amusing (the teacher)

You mean the suicide statistic or the happy statistic?
Reply 36
Phalanges
Observant.

you edited your first post :biggrin:

now go and floss, brush your teeth, do a pee, wash your hands and off to bed! and no nightlight for you tonight.
Reply 37
* Crosses her fingers that she doesn't end up at the same uni as this prat*
Reply 38
[QUOTE="polkmn"]
coolcat34

tut tut you forgot the mouthwash!

Possibility of teepees? And a tongue scraper?
Reply 39
[QUOTE="polkmn"]
coolcat34

tut tut you forgot the mouthwash!

contains alcohol, can cause oral cancer :biggrin:

Latest