Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolcat34)
    guys, why are answering this person? he is obviously looking for something to say in his interview and what better way to get his arguments together than by creating one!!
    hey its an interview question. kinda proves that the universities know its the world's biggest scam. and that its not real health care but rather a money making exam.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Observant.

Most of the dentists listed on that website act as private dentists. NHS ones are very hard to find.
    The Ones that are practices are usually NHS ones, but there are not many of those.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Observant.

Most of the dentists listed on that website act as private dentists. NHS ones are very hard to find.
    another point. its hard to access. a head of this there is not equal care. my friend's dad is a dentist and he was through his braces very quickly unlike me. if there is discrimination there how do i know i dont get equal treatment for other reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polkmn)
    Oh well, who gives a ****. Lol.
    oh so no-one gives a **** about dentistry anyway. it is just a stupid thing.

ReputationRep:
    Good lord you are so ignorant. Why would you start a thread about something you so clearly know nothing about?
    Do you honestly think that everyone who has braces has exactly the same case and therefore has them on for exactly the same length of time? Besides, you didn't HAVE to have braces - did someone tie you down and weld them onto your teeth?
    And I've had 1 dentist my whole life and more than a dozen different doctors - what's your point?

ReputationRep:
    Dreadful oral hygeine disgust me.

ReputationRep:
    Dentistry scares me silly but if I have a cavity or a sensitive tooth...i'll want to see my dentist.

Apparently the dentistry profession has the highest rate of suicides. Interesting..

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, he has a point. We only want to be dentists so we can get these:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushaboom)
    Good lord you are so ignorant. Why would you start a thread about something you so clearly know nothing about?
    Do you honestly think that everyone who has braces has exactly the same case and therefore has them on for exactly the same length of time? Besides, you didn't HAVE to have braces - did someone tie you down and weld them onto your teeth?
    And I've had 1 dentist my whole life and more than a dozen different doctors - what's your point?
    :coma: well said! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
    Dentistry scares me silly but if I have a cavity or a sensitive tooth...i'll want to see my dentist.

Apparently the dentistry profession has the highest rate of suicides. Interesting..
    Actually, it's the fourth happiest profession in the country
    Link: http://www.virginmedia.com/jobs/feat...rofessions.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O_RLY?)
    Tbf, he has a point. We only want to be dentists so we can get these:

Are you being serious? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    Are you being serious? :rolleyes:
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushaboom)
    Actually, it's the fourth happiest profession in the country
    Link: http://www.virginmedia.com/jobs/feat...rofessions.php
    Gosh, it always stuck in my mind when my teacher told a student who wanted to do dentistry in uni this. Kinda harsh I thought, but she found it mildy amusing (the teacher)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O_RLY?)
    :awesome:
    lol i love that face, it's so cheeky :p:

ReputationRep:
    yeah this was an inside job. i was contemplating doing dentistry as a career path. and wanted one of you guys to give me a set of great reasons and justifications. instead i got 4x4's. that tells a lot. i think i want to help people though (goes to have a look at the medicine forum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
    Gosh, it always stuck in my mind when my teacher told a student who wanted to do dentistry in uni this. Kinda harsh I thought, but she found it mildy amusing (the teacher)
    You mean the suicide statistic or the happy statistic?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Phalanges]Observant.

you edited your first post

now go and floss, brush your teeth, do a pee, wash your hands and off to bed! and no nightlight for you tonight.

ReputationRep:
    * Crosses her fingers that she doesn't end up at the same uni as this prat*

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=polkmn]

tut tut you forgot the mouthwash!
    Possibility of teepees? And a tongue scraper?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=polkmn]

tut tut you forgot the mouthwash!
    contains alcohol, can cause oral cancer

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.