Turn on thread page Beta

Could you live without a mobile? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    probably not...

ReputationRep:
    urrr yes, i currently am. have about 3 that i have no desire to put in use atm and so yeahh---use someone else's if i need to but i just cba and don't have a great need for one atm .

ReputationRep:
    Could I live without my phone? yes, in that I wouldn't cease to live anymore. Though I wouldn't choose not to have it anymore. I have hacked my iPhone so much, its pretty much a small desktop computer.

....and who could live without facebook

ReputationRep:
    I could not live without my phone no way, its always really useful when your out and about with mates and you get seperated and need to get hold of them to meet back up. I honestly would struggle without one but ......

When im drunk and look at the texts i have sent the night before i think to myself that it would probably be best if i didnt have a phone

ReputationRep:
    i could manage without mine, i hardly use it anyway

ReputationRep:
    Depends what kind. If it was a pinkmobilephone I probably couldn't. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I probably could, but it would just make life so much more inconvenient. And boring. I love my phone.

ReputationRep:
    we should never bank on anything in life. but nonetheless i would be lost without it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I go for periods of several weeks without turning my phone on. I manage somehow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    I probably could.... more so than a few years ago. I don't call anyone, the only person I really use it for is to get my dad to pick me up from the train station
    haha same, if you swap dad with mum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    haha same, if you swap dad with mum.
    Its a sad state of affairs when the only person you use your phone for is one of your parents

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I rarely ever use my phone. I'm not attached to it, at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    Its a sad state of affairs when the only person you use your phone for is one of your parents
    Yep. That's me, sad.

To be fair I do very occasionally text others, but the last time was last friday. Before that was 2 weeks previous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    Yep. That's me, sad.
    Hey we're both in the same boat :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd cope.

ReputationRep:
    I use my phone as a watch. I wouldn't miss it much.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could cope without it any more, no. Long distance relationship ftw :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I have done but its rubbish. Mine was broken for about 8 weeks and i missed out on loads of stuff cause i got invited via text and plus couldn't keep in proper touch with my friends and girlfriend or organise things like meeting people in town (phoning them to see where they are). Its rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    I could, though it would be inconvenient to lose such an effective alarm clock. (I recorded the fire alarm from my university halls on my phone three years back and now use that to wake myself up, hur hur :ahee: )

ReputationRep:
    So long as I still have the internet, I can use Skype. It's all goooood.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.