Turn on thread page Beta

Mountain Dew watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I saw a few things saying this was coming back to the UK (including a TSR thread) but i am yet to see anything about it.
    Anyone have any leads or know anything?

ReputationRep:
    I've also heard rumours but am not sure. I'm crossing my fingers though!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope it happens...how can such an awesome drink be off the shelves? While such beverages as Lipton Ice Tea, Tizer and Vimto are allowed shelf space?

Bring it back y'hear!

ReputationRep:
    It would probably not taste as good. I thought UK drinks don't use corn syrup?

Mountain dew is pretty ******* amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I hope this is true!
    I've always wanted to try it.

ReputationRep:
    I know somewhere that sells it, I heard all the hype and got some, and was rather disapointed I have to say,
    but apparantly the kind they can sell in the UK is not as good as the proper american version as we have stricter regulations about the amount of chemicals and sugar that are allowed in a drink.

ReputationRep:
    The return of Mountain Dew to the UK has been going to happen for years, but nothing official has ever materialised Luckily, there's a few online retailers that import it for not unreasonable prices It would be nice to just be able to pop into the local shop and pick up a bottle though...

I think one of the big problems is Europe's stringent regulations on chemicals in food and drink - and MD just about glows in the dark :tongue: The recipe might have to be changed before it can officially be sold over here, which kind of defeats the object.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    we have stricter regulations about the amount of chemicals and sugar that are allowed in a drink.
    Yet the 10+ teaspoons of sugar in a can of regular Coca Cola are fine and dandy and the aspartame sweetener in diet/Pepsi Max type drinks isn't a problem.

It's a mad world...

ReputationRep:
    I've bought this (and cans if Ice Tea, yum) from a chinese supermarket in York.. I've not seen it anywhere else though, and I only see Ice Tea about rarely unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getinthevan)
    I've bought this (and cans if Ice Tea, yum) from a chinese supermarket in York.. I've not seen it anywhere else though, and I only see Ice Tea about rarely unfortunately
    I can't stand Ice Tea. Absolutely disgusting :o:

ReputationRep:
    the place where I can get it is an asia food store, really weird that only foreign themed shops have it , maybe its because they import lots of their stuff anyway

ReputationRep:
    There's no Mountain Dew in the UK?!

What the **** am I going to do... :P Don't worry, I'll bring over suitcases of the stuff and sell it for $50 a pop.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy it in Soho.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of this 'Mountain Dew' shenanigan..

ReputationRep:
    The only reason people like it so much here is because it's not available. Otherwise, it's crap.

ReputationRep:
    I do hope so... I have such good memories of drinking the stuff by the bucket-load in Disneyland California :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunpro)
    The only reason people like it so much here is because it's not available. Otherwise, it's crap.
    I disagree. I never tire of it because it tastes absolutely amazing. Alongside root beer (also not available in the UK). UK drink wise vimto is good but it just doesn't compare. Tizer tastes **** but it's ok if there's nothing else. And Lilt, yuk the worst soda, but still drinkable :p:

It's also (in 2007) the 4th best selling soda in America. Can't be all that "crap".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I disagree. I never tire of it because it tastes absolutely amazing. Alongside root beer (also not available in the UK). UK drink wise vimto is good but it just doesn't compare. Tizer tastes **** but it's ok if there's nothing else. And Lilt, yuk the worst soda, but still drinkable :p:
    I agree with the root beer, whenever I'm across the pond it's so nice to indulge my addiction for it.

With MD though, I find it just tastes of lemonade and nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that no one seems to know makes me a very sad bunny.

You can tell how desperate i am, posting on TSR to see if anyone has a lead haha.

ReputationRep:
    This is a vile drink. It just tastes like Sprite with a bitter aftertaste. Sprite is waay better btw. Oh and theres a cash and carry here in Manchester that sells the stuff.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.