Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!

I now have all my replies for economics and hold offers from nottingham bristol and bath.
    Nottingham- straight economics
    Bristol- Economics and Management
    Baths- 4 yr Economics sandwich course

To be honest, i have no preference on a course level because all seem very interesting. I do not know, however, what uni i should select to go to and would be grateful for any feedback. I.e. which of the three would you select.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, well I know nothing about Economics, but in terms of uni I'd go 1. Bristol 2. Bath 3. Nottingham. I applied to the first two, and nearly applied to Nottingham too (but the department for my subject seemed a bit disorganised at the open day).

Bristol is a lovely city - everything I hear about it makes me fall in love with it (it's my firm). Loads of clubs, shops, restaurants, five cinemas, loads of societies for every interest you could possibly have... There's loads of random cool things about it, like Banksy's artwork, and cool people like Russel Howard, Skins and even wallace and grommit come from there. Plus the uni itself is very well regarded, and job prospects with a degree from there would be (I hope!) excellent.

Bath - it's very pretty, more of a large town than a city, about 15 mins away from Bristol. Apparently the campus is a bit ugly but I didn't think it looked that bad on the virtual tour :dontknow:

Nottingham - my brother lives here so I visit a lot, brilliant city, lots to do, and a beautiful campus too - lots of greenery and even a lake!

They're all top 20 and well respected too btw

Have you read the TSR guides for them? They might prove helpful, and visit if you can to gain a feel for them.

ReputationRep:
    Notts bristol bath

i don't think there's much between bristol and bath though or i may be mistaken

4 year course at bath could be very useful though because of the years experience which is one of the reasons why i applied
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Visit all three if you can.

Personally, I would choose Bristol without question. This is based on the actual university itself, the location, the atmosphere, and also I prefer the course structure.

To be honest, there won't be very much in it between the three, they're all good universities and all have strong departments, it's just whether or not one or the other suits you as a person.

ReputationRep:
    Visit the unis and make you own mind up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.