The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ken321
Relationship/Dating first.
Sex later.

Sex first = Stupid.

/Thread.

I had sex first. Been with boyfriend for almost a year now. Clearly not stupid.
Reply 41
sex lead to something beautiful? Depends if you think spunk all over your face, whilst the perpetrator tries to apologise without laughing is a beautiful scene....
Reply 42
OP, if you're prepared for it not working out as a relationship, then try sex it, but I think if you're hoping for a relationship and starting off with just sex he may get the wrong idea.

The thing is, he is a lovely guy - hence the awkwardness because he doesn't wanna seem like he pushed me to do anything I didn't want to do.

Do you want to be in a relationship with someone who needs to have sex with you for it not to be boring?

I just want something more between us, whether it is more sexual or more of a relationship. He doesn't really sleep around, so it's not like I would be one of many. I just think maybe I should go for it and have fun, rather than make a big deal out of waiting for the right person if I want to have sex with him now...
Most of the random slags ive met at clubs have turned out to be just that. But I ended up falling in love with one of them and we were together, very happily, for 2 years. The sex when we met wasnt even that good actually.

I dont think how you met initally is important, its about whether youre compatible. And youre gonna end up having regular sex with each other after a few weeks anyway arent you?
Reply 44
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
time to leave tsR?

Are you kidding? The level of teenage angst here is quite frankly hillarious...

There are of course a few useful threads here though, largely in the careers section. And when I have the time, I'll likely look at any advice that can be found on post-grad courses...
Stomm
Are you kidding? The level of teenage angst here is quite frankly hillarious...

There are of course a few useful threads here though, largely in the careers section. And when I have the time, I'll likely look at any advice that can be found on post-grad courses...

surely there are better forums for careers advices than TSR? and if you've been married for 10 years would you not be coming to the end of your post grad anyway if you haven't already finished it
Reply 46
if by beautiful you mean screaming pooping needs feeding lil pink thing (ie baby) then yeah sure...other wise it might just mess up ur relationship
Anonymous
One night I did "things" with a friend from my block at uni (not sex). Since then I have realised that I like him more than I thought. The only thing is that I am very shy when it comes to talking to boys that I fancy, and that drunken night hasn't helped in my shyness - in fact it has made things quite awkward between us.

I would like to pursue things with him but I think that the only way to do this is to take things further physically, and as I am shy, going about things in a "be friends first take it slow" kind of way will not work, it will just fizzle out.

I would like to ask if sex can lead to a relationship? Have you had any experiences of sex leading to something beautiful? or does it just lead to nowhere? :woo:

I have never had a proper relationship before and have never had sex.

Were you both drunk? Because, I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, and this may NOT be the case, but I don't think a drunk encounter is enough to prove a feeling, unless you both talk about it and see how he feels...just don't get your hopes up.

ANYWAY that's besides the point....I don't see anything wrong with sex outside a relationship, but if you're starting to get clear feelings for him, I seriously WOULDN'T go for no-strings sex, cos I reckon you may get attached. I reckon your best bet is asking him straight out what he wants

Good luck
Anonymous
One night I did "things" with a friend from my block at uni (not sex). Since then I have realised that I like him more than I thought. The only thing is that I am very shy when it comes to talking to boys that I fancy, and that drunken night hasn't helped in my shyness - in fact it has made things quite awkward between us.

I would like to pursue things with him but I think that the only way to do this is to take things further physically, and as I am shy, going about things in a "be friends first take it slow" kind of way will not work, it will just fizzle out.

I would like to ask if sex can lead to a relationship? Have you had any experiences of sex leading to something beautiful? or does it just lead to nowhere? :woo:

I have never had a proper relationship before and have never had sex.

Were you both drunk? Because, I don't want to be the bringer of bad news, and this may NOT be the case, but I don't think a drunk encounter is enough to prove a feeling, unless you both talk about it and see how he feels...just don't get your hopes up.

ANYWAY that's besides the point....I don't see anything wrong with sex outside a relationship, but if you're starting to get clear feelings for him, I seriously WOULDN'T go for no-strings sex, cos I reckon you may get attached. I reckon your best bet is asking him straight out what he wants

Good luck
Anonymous
The thing is, he is a lovely guy - hence the awkwardness because he doesn't wanna seem like he pushed me to do anything I didn't want to do.

I just want something more between us, whether it is more sexual or more of a relationship. He doesn't really sleep around, so it's not like I would be one of many. I just think maybe I should go for it and have fun, rather than make a big deal out of waiting for the right person if I want to have sex with him now...

I think you've got it right already more or less tbh if you're sure he wants more. You might want to cement the relationship with sex first so it's clear that it's a relationship and doesnt fizzle out like you said but after that I'd worry less about sex and more about relationship. I mean, yeah, sex, vital part of a relationship but not so much as you two getting on, trusting each other etc
Ken321
Sex later.

Sex first = Stupid.

/Thread.

wrong
Reply 51
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
surely there are better forums for careers advices than TSR? and if you've been married for 10 years would you not be coming to the end of your post grad anyway if you haven't already finished it

Been married for five years, been together for ten, actually it's almost eleven.

Career matters, there is nowhere else I've found online with as much discussion on public sector grad schemes, or the insiders for tips and interesting anecdotes. As to post-grad, despite going back to uni to get my undergraduate degree and graduating five years ago or so, thus far with the house and kids, I haven't done anything more than that. So, prior to starting a grad scheme I may end up doing a Masters or something if I can find the time, and I guess the money for the course fees...
Ken321
Sex later.

Sex first = Stupid.

/Thread.

agreed!
Reply 53
Ken321
Sex later.

Sex first = Stupid.

/Thread.

What a sweeping statement and one that is quite ignorant in my eyes.

Every GF i have had and every relationship ive had has been based on sex early on, its not always like a fuzzy little TV sitcom where everyone has to go on 10 dates to get to any action happening.

BOTTOM LINE - people want sex, everyone desires it and without it a relationship cannot happen healthily. Alot of relationships fail because of a lack of sex and a sexual chemistry because people sex is the foundation of any real relationship as without it your just friends tbh.

OP - yes good can come of sex dont listen to alot of the people on here are SHOCKINGLY quick to dismiss anything and everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending