Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much of your music do you actually buy? watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to buy all of it from various online places but lately, I've been downloading some from other (free) sites:ninja:. I just wondered how many people actually legally buy all of their music nowadays?

ReputationRep:
    What i usually do is download albums and then if i like them i go out and buy them. I think of it as a sort of test run! I'm looking forward to having one of those really really big cd collections so i can be like my dad with his LPs though! I know i could just use spotify but those sodding ads really really piss me off and i'm not spending £10 a month just so i don't have them.

ReputationRep:
    I have 3121 songs on my itunes and i've bought 2 of them.

ReputationRep:
    Download-convert youtube ftw

ReputationRep:
    I download most of my music. If I like it then I go out and buy it. I do buy everything my favourite artists release too.

Can't even remember the last time I bought a CD. I "buy" my music online. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluelight)
    I have 3121 songs on my itunes and i've bought 2 of them.
    I have 2258 in mine and 2 are bought.

What 2 did you buy?

i was stupidly trying to get Rick Astley to Xmas number 1 in 2008(got like 17th or something) and then Killing in the name 2009.

ReputationRep:
    All of it.

I've never downloaded music off the internet. Ever.

I just prefer to have CDs.

ReputationRep:
    I buy all my music whether it be CDs or through iTunes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I'd never purchase music online. I had the idea of paying just for a digital file. I like to have a tangible good (i.e. the artwork and sleeve) if I'm going to pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    I have 2258 in mine and 2 are bought.

What 2 did you buy?

i was stupidly trying to get Rick Astley to Xmas number 1 in 2008(got like 17th or something) and then Killing in the name 2009.
    haaa! snap bought killing in the name and and whitesnake - here i go again 89 'remix which I literally trawled the net for and couldnt find.

ReputationRep:
    There is an argument for downloading music through torrents (because it's free) but I don't understand why you would want to pay to download an inferior quality version from iTunes when you can buy the CD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TuckingFypo™)
    Can't even remember the last time I bought a CD. I "buy" my music online. :ninja:
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    There is an argument for downloading music through torrents (because it's free) but I don't understand why you would want to pay to download an inferior quality version from iTunes when you can buy the CD.
    Most people use mp3 players and I presume they can't be bothered to physically buy/rip the CD.

ReputationRep:
    When CD quality albums can be downloaded for free in less than 10 minutes, how could one possible go out to a shop/order online and wait for delivery.

ReputationRep:
    Buy? What is this 'buying' you speak of? ;]

The latest album I bought was You Me At Six's 'Hold me Down' from HMV. I bought Paramore's new album 'Brand New Eyes' prior. They're two of my favourite bands!

ReputationRep:
    nowt.

**** paying for mp3s. i can't afford a hi-fi so **** buying CDs/vinyl also.

ReputationRep:
    I feel I would be cheating on the bands if I downloaded their stuff for free. So I buy it all (mix of CDs and Napster), but tbh I don't get much music anyway.

ReputationRep:
    one thing i will say about downloading for free, I find the concept of not having a song instantly upon hearing it retarded, like when people comment on youtube saying that they cant wait for a song to be available for download. Im all like wtf they're going to actually wait?

ReputationRep:
    Most of it really, I'm not a thieving sket, lol. Itunes store and CDs FTW!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.