Turn on thread page Beta

How much of your music do you actually buy? watch

ReputationRep:
    Aside from using Spotify....

I reckon I buy about 40% of my music.

I spend A LOT on gig tickets though, so it's not like I'm not giving anything to the bands I like. I know that's no justification; I pay for a lot more of my music now than I used to.

ReputationRep:
    I buy it all on itunes nowadays

ReputationRep:
    i have 158 GB of music, 26,000 songs

bought ~ 200 of them :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have ever bought music, I don't 'acquire' it either, just use spotify (and before spotify just borrowed brothers CDs & ripped)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeterGriffin)
    You have spent over 5k on music then?
    Yeah, but I had a pretty well paying job for a couple of years, when I didn't have to fund a car or going out as much...

p.s. In reality it's probably closer to 4k given my penchant for £5 albums and the fact that there are usually more than 10 songs on an album...

ReputationRep:
    If I'm completely honest, basically none anymore. If it's an artist I really love then I'll sometimes buy their new album when it comes out, but that's quite rare.

I do spend far too much money on gig tickets though.

ReputationRep:
    i refuse to buy a SONG for 75p or a pound or whatever it is, and i'll probably get bored of the song soon after, so thats a pound down the drain

i have better things to spend my money on, like cute dresses and sushi

I buy about 95% of it. I only download/rip off youtube if I can't buy it. ie it's a live song or no longer in production.

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, I buy absolutely zero. I own about 120 CDs, but havent bought one in about 2 years. I have a very small vinyl collection as well, but havent bought any in about a year. All in all, this is under 5% of my music. I guess if I had the money I would buy a lot more vinyl. I have never understood the point of paying to download music though, I mean you could pay the same price, and in most cases could get at least the CD instead, or just download it for free and spend the money on something else.

ReputationRep:
    I buy all my music. There aren't too many new bands that bring out music that I bother to buy, so I don't spend much money. If there are songs I like when I don't wwant the album, I'll get it off Amazon.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.