Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: How do you use the word "love"? Watch

• View Poll Results: Girls: How do you use the word "love"?
    Very loosely! For all my friends/things in my life!
    5.33%
    Generally loosely! I use it for many friends/people/things!
    30.67%
    Average. I stick to the definition of love, and find it should retain a deep meaning.
    25.33%
    I use it very rarely to almost never.
    12.00%
    You're a guy.
    26.67%

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend says love to pretty much everything in life.
    I was wondering, how do you (other girls) use love? Because I've noticed that a lot of girls use it very loosely

My girlfriend says it to guys as well. While she's been going out with me.
    She also says "I love you" to guys who she's just met (who are now her friends and my friends too...but still). And no, I'm not trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Rarely...I tell my bf I love him in our own lil way without saying I LOVE you :/

although it sounds a bit like that.

ReputationRep:
    Generally loosely, but when I tell my boyfriend I love him, I mean it. I say it with passion.. Hard to explain.

ReputationRep:
    Depends.
    There's loving someone/something.
    And then being in love with someone.

ReputationRep:
    I use love with regards to people to mean people I really deeply care about - whether that be as friends, relatives or a partner.

ReputationRep:
    i say love in pretty much anything MINUS GUYS.

i dont think i believe in that other sort of 'love'

ReputationRep:
    I rarely ever say it - in fact I've found it quite hard to say. Sure I'll drop it in casual conversation like 'omg I love your dress' but when I'm telling someone that I love them... well it hasn't come out my mouth yet

I had a 'boyfriend' once for less than a month and he said 'I love you' from the word go.

No he didn't wtf. Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Rarely :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Very loosely. I love everything from sunsets to pizza to days off to three trains passing each other on a multi-lane track. I 'love' people at the end of cards and emails, I lyl babe when I'm pretending to be a chav, I love people's clothes and tastes in music, I love films, books, theatre, and 'celebrities', and one or twice I think I love someone but it turns out I don't, or don't anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Very loosely. I love everything from sunsets to pizza to days off to three trains passing each other on a multi-lane track. I 'love' people at the end of cards and emails, I lyl babe when I'm pretending to be a chav, I love people's clothes and tastes in music, I love films, books, theatre, and 'celebrities', and one or twice I think I love someone but it turns out I don't, or don't anymore.
    :zomg:

If you were in the middle, it would be like an earthquake :zomg:

I use 'I love you' for my boyfriend, and 'I love shopping/shoes/whatever' for shopping/shoes/whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    :zomg:

If you were in the middle, it would be like an earthquake :zomg:
    It would be amazing wouldn't it! I can see a four-lane track from my bedroom window, hence the geeky interest :p:

ReputationRep:
    It would be amazing wouldn't it! I can see a four-lane track from my bedroom window, hence the geeky interest :p:
    I want to try it now :awesome:

Where do you live?

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sexface:

I have an ignostic view of love, if you can use that word in this context (:innocent:), so I very rarely use it. Unless I'm like :gah: "I LOVE this song!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    I want to try it now :awesome:

Where do you live?

Spoiler:
    Show
    :sexface:
    On campus at QMUL I'll try and get a picture of the three of them tomorrow, and someday I'm gonna do a time-lapse thing :woo:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    On campus at QMUL I'll try and get a picture of the three of them tomorrow, and someday I'm gonna do a time-lapse thing :woo:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :woo:

I never go that way out of London :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Aww that's so sweet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    Aww that's so sweet!
    Thanks! I could include you in my photographic-evidence PM tomorrow if you like?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I could include you in my photographic-evidence PM tomorrow if you like?
    Evidence of the trains? Really?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    Evidence of the trains? Really?!
    Hell yes! My bedroom window is right the length of the wall so there's an excellent expanse of track on view, and it happens fairly regularly

I'm almost tempted to leave a note for whoever's going to be staying here next telling them how lucky they are...

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes! My bedroom window is right the length of the wall so there's an excellent expanse of track on view, and it happens fairly regularly

I'm almost tempted to leave a note for whoever's going to be staying here next telling them how lucky they are...
    Wow! Are you talking about your uni room? I have a train running outside my window too...but just the one and I can only see it if I squint through the bushes.

This reminds me I nead to watch The Railway Children again, haven't seen that film in almost a decade!

I would like a photo...yes please!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.