Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: How do you use the word "love"? watch

• View Poll Results: Girls: How do you use the word "love"?
    Very loosely! For all my friends/things in my life!
    5.33%
    Generally loosely! I use it for many friends/people/things!
    30.67%
    Average. I stick to the definition of love, and find it should retain a deep meaning.
    25.33%
    I use it very rarely to almost never.
    12.00%
    You're a guy.
    26.67%

ReputationRep:
    I do stick to using 'love' in the traditional sense most of the time. I say I love my friends (some are guys), because I do. Obviously not in the same way I love my boyfriend, but in a friendly way. I do say "Oh, I love that dress" sometimes, but not very often.

ReputationRep:
    words are just words. you can express your love to somebody by a look, a smile, a touch...that is more honest I think..:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Generally loosely. But if I am in a relationship with someone the word "love" for me is a taboo word xD

ReputationRep:
    I only say it when I mean it... I think.

ReputationRep:
    i only say i love you to my bf, i respect him enough not to say it to other guys and i would go ape **** if he was saying it to other girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnomi)
    I rarely ever say it - in fact I've found it quite hard to say. Sure I'll drop it in casual conversation like 'omg I love your dress' but when I'm telling someone that I love them... well it hasn't come out my mouth yet
    Yeap, same here.

LE:
    (Original post by hayyleyy)
    I think it's the Greek who have like 6 different words for love: one for the romantic sense, another for your favourite thing. Maybe that would be more useful in English!
    And spanish people have two different words for love: "te quiero" and "te amo" both being used to describe different feelings. "Te Amo" is supposed to describe a stronger feeling whilst "te quiero" is more common.

ReputationRep:
    I use love to describe how I feel about all my friends, 'Oh, Yusuf, you're an angel, love ya', to as pair of shoes or a pretty view to my mum...
    When I say it to my boyfriend though, he's mature and aware enough to know that it means something different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i only say i love you to my bf, i respect him enough not to say it to other guys and i would go ape **** if he was saying it to other girls
    I feel this way...but my girlfriend says it all the time.

I've tried to get over it, among other things, and I have so far semi-succeeded.
    Because I know if I were ever to say "I love you" to another girl, my girlfriend would be depressed/frustrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ken321)
    I feel this way...but my girlfriend says it all the time.

I've tried to get over it, among other things, and I have so far semi-succeeded.
    Because I know if I were ever to say "I love you" to another girl, my girlfriend would be depressed/frustrated.
    give her a taste of her own medicine, might make her stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    give her a taste of her own medicine, might make her stop
    I don't want to hurt her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.