Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you shake off a really bad mood? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Put on some heavy metal and light a smoke (which leads to another one and so on). Opeth works wonders.

ReputationRep:
    Watch a film whilst tucked in bed and eating chocolate.
    Fall asleep for a long time
    wake up
    listen to some really decent Lacuna Coil
    Go to the gym after all that chocolate
    Perhaps spank the monkey a little
    Watch another film... and the cycle repeats itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by choongsta)
    sleep, exercise...

or this song

I love that song!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    I love that song!!!!!!
    literally can't stop listening to it. <3

ReputationRep:
    The absolute best ways that have always worked for me are having a cuddle/chat with someone lovely, and also getting a massage. However, seeing as I no longer have a boyfriend and am not rich/don't have a personal masseur, I have to resort to other methods now.

Sleep works well sometimes if it's the evening, or just laying on your bed or in a nice hot bath with the lights down low so you have time to just think and relax. Music and TV can be helpful at times too - although sometimes I've found that listening to happy OR sad music only makes my mood worse, so it's not always the best idea.

I'm quite fond of the 'visiting the shop and buying and eating everything I can get my hands on' method, but I wouldn't really recommend that as such.

If all else fails.. TSR. It works as a wonderful distraction at times. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    sleep it off / listen to music / scream!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, lest I forget... watch something funny...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bright Side Of Life.

ReputationRep:
    make highly racist threads on tsr?

i listen to some music!

ReputationRep:
    either sleep or i'll go for some hard exercise, come back and shower, listen to violent classical music, then i'll play violent clarinet music, then i'll play something less violent and then i'll play mozart's clarinet concerto and i'll be calmed.

Go out for a walk

ReputationRep:
    I tend to either watch Glee... you cant not feel even just 1% better after watching that or eat naan bread with chocolate spread

If that doesnt work then i hide in my bed til it goes away

ReputationRep:
    I find that Zelda is a fabulous antidepressant.

Other than that, I'll listen to depressing music until I feel better, or read about torture and other similarly horrible forms of human suffering, or emotionally/physically torture my characters in my head.

This can help sometimes too:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    Is it Lois that gets you going?
    Nah, Meg :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    You know, the type where you feel like the entire world is against you and just you want to sleep until it's over. Where you snap at everyone and get paranoid that people are telling you porkies.

Or if you don't 100% get what I mean, bad moods in general. How do you get rid of that feeling and get back to normal?

have a fat ****.

lol no - I just stick on my favourite folk music and just chill the **** out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    You know, the type where you feel like the entire world is against you and just you want to sleep until it's over. Where you snap at everyone and get paranoid that people are telling you porkies.

Or if you don't 100% get what I mean, bad moods in general. How do you get rid of that feeling and get back to normal?
    a run

ReputationRep:
    I either read my book, sleep or hit the gym

ReputationRep:
    I find writing about my bad moods help. I always laugh when I read them back because they are usually caused by such silly things or things so temporary it was silly for me to stress so much over them. So I find writing all the angst or worries down really helps.

Hot chocolate and your favourite songs on the ipod are also a great way to unwind those tense muscles and remind yourself about the good things in life.

ReputationRep:
    Like a Polaroid picture?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.