Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Burning fat, not loosing weight watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, was just wondring, i'm happy with my weight fitness and strength, but would like to get rid of belly fat for aesthetic reasons...i've looked into low carb high protein diets, interval training. I'm looking for a decent dietary backbone and exercises that are good for general body fat loss but also stubborn belly fat.

ReputationRep:
    in terms of low carb, i think a lot of people struggle to eliminate simple carbs entirely (since so many of us live off them), so perhaps try getting your big carb fix directly post-w/o and eating low carb the rest of the day?

ReputationRep:
    High GI carbs and a calory deficit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    High GI carbs and a calory deficit.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    No.
    Oh I'm sorry he should just not have carbs whatsoever, or have simple sugars. He's going to be eating carbs.. they might as well be low GI. Either way he'll have a calorie deficit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    Oh I'm sorry he should just not have carbs whatsoever, or have simple sugars. He's going to be eating carbs.. they might as well be low GI. Either way he'll have a calorie deficit.
    You said high GI you idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    You said high GI you idiot.
    High glycemic index, not load. **** I just realized what I did. My bad lol... work day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the same thing at the moment. Trying high intensity interval training but hasn't been long enough to make a decision really. I'm told it works well.

ReputationRep:
    Stop reading up on them and start doing those things you mentioned :yes: fat loss and weight loss are not necessarily the same thing either. You can lose fat and gain muscle which is heavier

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.