Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He asked me a weird question on second date- do you find this odd? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I love the irony of this thread

The guy himself is more likely to give you a good/accurate answer to your question than randomers on the internet (and don't listen to the "he's an arse, don't see him again" post. AWFUL mis-advice and very poor banter), especially as you say he's so blunt.

I doubt he said it with any malice intended. Chillax and go have some Hagen Daz

ReputationRep:
    i think he might have just been covering himself if you were anal or something. probably just a question to check whether its worth being with you maybe. it was an odd question to ask, and especially using the word anal. is he really worth it?

ReputationRep:
    rather abrupt wasn't it considering he should be trying to ''impress'' you

however you only live once; nowt wrong with being forward.

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all - maybe he's anal and was anxiously hoping you were too. Sounds like he was trying to confirm his thoughts about a possible commitment to a relationship with you. Actually its not funny at all, lots of people are anal and your initial response was perfect. If it was an innuendo then first off I would ask him the same question another time - like on the next date if there is one? OR maybe he was checking if you like to talk dirty which is a bit pathetic but guys do tend to be a bit pre-programmed for that stuff and it sure wasn't appropriate for a 2nd date in that case. I reckon he wouldn't know where to begin if he meant sex - even jokingly. Not the best sort of banter for a second date I agree but hey, you've had a second date with this person which is interesting and maybe a good sign. Continue to be the slightly guarded person you seem to be - he's going to have to work a bit harder on your defence system to win you over and I suggest you think of something equally allusive next time you meet. Good luck! You both sound interesting and interested in each other! Lets see what he comes across with for Valentines

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, with anyone you meet and/or like, there are going to be aspects of their character you like and aspects you don't. I've been with my girlfriend for just over 2 years, and there are still things she does that annoy the **** out of me.

If otherwise you're getting on fine, and this is all your basing your opinion on...I'd just be glad that you've met one of the few guys who is actually honest about his thoughts/feelings. I'm sure when he's complimenting you, you really value him being blunt and direct...good bits and bad bits

ReputationRep:
    he sounds a bit stupid tbh

ReputationRep:
    OP - what does he do, if he's a student what does he study?

ReputationRep:
    You think too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asha5692)
    He sounds like an arse...
    Don't see him again
    Does he sound like an arse or does he sound anal?

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to him after? Maybe hes just sarcastic? As you said, he sounds like he says what he thinks so yeah, he shouldn't have said that, but if its in his nature than it probably didn't mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh that is a weird thing to say!

ReputationRep:
    You failed his sense of humour test.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt worry about this :-)

ReputationRep:
    LOL what a weird question to ask, anyways i think he is sophisticated in his use of elegant words
    so don't worry too much, but if he keeps askin weird questions then i think you might want to re-consider him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    Does he sound like an arse or does he sound anal?
    LOL... to be honest... the OP sounds a little anal...
    He just sounds like an arse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    LOL, You've got to be kidding.
    I'm beginning to think that the OP is actually quite anal.

ReputationRep:
    anal on a second date is not good

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.