The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Unlucky, time to skip town because those boys down at UCAS don't take no for an answer.
Reply 2
Just take a gap year and reapply for something you would like to study? In your gap year you could earn some money, do a bit of travelling? It isn't the end of the world my friend.
Reply 3
Better to have realised this now than next December or something.

Take a gap year and reapply.
Reply 4
UCAS extra when it opens. Just reject your offers and re-apply to what you want.
Reply 5
no way ive basically taken 2 gap years already

no time

could i re-apply with a late application for the course i want to do? (it's a games design course so it isnt that popular and the uni isnt that popular either).
Reply 6
Try UCAS Extra as has been said above.
moley89
Unlucky, time to skip town because those boys down at UCAS don't take no for an answer.

why are they boys? why not girls? or transgenders?
Reply 8
Are you 100% sure? I'm also on a gap year and I've had a few doubts and second thoughts, e.g. reapply to a different university or change to a new course such as speech therapy.
Reply 9
ipulledhermione
why are they boys? why not girls? or transgenders?

The department i'm thinking of is predominently male, yes.

That would be the department which travels the country bundling teenagers in a van to force them into taking their uni placements against their will.
You could try and risk asking the uni you want to go to if you could change your course? I don't know if that will work but i've heard of people changing courses once they're at uni...

Alternatively, Extra seems like a good option for you.
Billy_69
no way ive basically taken 2 gap years already

no time

could i re-apply with a late application for the course i want to do? (it's a games design course so it isnt that popular and the uni isnt that popular either).

I've said this a couple of times now in different threads but I'll say it again for your benefit. First off, you cannot simply make a late application by reapplying as you may only apply oncer per cycle. However...

If you applied within the last 14 days then you may change both your university choices or your course choices (or both). If you applied longer ago than that, then it's still possible to ask the universities you have applied to if you can change to a different course (although you cannot change university and they don't have to say yes). If you want to apply for a different university then your only option is to withdraw/reject all of your choices and to go through Extra where you may make one additional choice at a time (or later Clearing - not recommended). Extra does not start until the end of February and listings of what courses are available will be posted on the UCAS website.

Latest

Trending

Trending