Turn on thread page Beta

I just recently turned 20 years old. im a guy, and have still not had sex. i've never received blowjobs, or anything sexual, besides making out and touching. i've always been too afraid to go about anything, and play the nice guy, and get caught in the "friend zone" it really really sucks. i hate it! any advice, from girls and guys?

ReputationRep:
    Find a 17/18 year old girl.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think there is any advice to give, There will obviously be girls out there that would find you attractive for who you are and would most likely not put you in that dreaded 'Friend Zone'.. Just be yourself, your time will come. And when it does, just enjoy

ReputationRep:
    Anon - PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Sex isnt something to rush, I know thats what they all say but for real, rather than waste youre first time on a slut or some naive teenage girl, wait til you find a girl who you like, youre much more likely to relax and enjoy it. Plus 20 isnt that old, youve got plenty of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantelle38)
    Sex isnt something to rush, I know thats what they all say but for real, rather than waste youre first time on a slut or some naive teenage girl, wait til you find a girl who you like, youre much more likely to relax and enjoy it. Plus 20 isnt that old, youve got plenty of time!

I disagree. Maybe I'm talking for myself here (in which case I'll retreat in embarrasment), but the first time is usually uncomfortable and timid.

My advice to the OP is to find yourself an easy lay that isn't going to tell everyone about the experience. A practice ****, if you will. This way, when you do find someone you really like, you will be comfortable enough with sex so you're more confident.

Not trying to sound like a prick, but this is genuinely my advice to you. I did this at 19 and it made me a lot more confident & now I have a girlfriend with whom I have great sex.

ReputationRep:
    My first time was with someone I really liked, and we both enjoyed it, and it didnt feel akward at all!
    If it really bothers you, find someone (of age) who is also a virgin, maybe that might help!

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough. What I'm trying to point out is that the perfect, romantic vision of your first time is rarely what happens in reality. I'm trying to give a realistic solution.

If you can find someone really special, then great - go for it. If you just want to lose your virginity (as I know I used to), then it's really not a big deal who you do it with. Go to a skanky place and grab yourself a monster if needs be! There's plenty of time for great sex in your life.

If you're comfortable being a virgin, then that's fine. But if you're not, then just do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    Go to a skanky place and grab yourself a monster if needs be! There's plenty of time for great sex in your life.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Be a bit of an a-hole. Don't be cocky about your looks if you're ugly, it doesn't work for ugly guys.

One girl I used to talk to who sorta liked me wasn't so into me until I called her something like a **** who was too white.

If you're just looking for sex, there's always brothels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Be a bit of an a-hole. Don't be cocky about your looks if you're ugly, it doesn't work for ugly guys.

One girl I used to talk to who sorta liked me wasn't so into me until I called her something like a **** who was too white.

If you're just looking for sex, there's always brothels.
    I know this may seem contradictory to what I previously said but -

DO NOT lose ur virginity in a brothel!!!

Wack suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    I know this may seem contradictory to what I previously said but -

DO NOT lose ur virginity in a brothel!!!

Wack suggestion.
    Because?

ReputationRep:
    Because?

From my experience of brothels (not going into any details). They are not the type of first experience you want to have. The aim is to make the OP feel more confident. Not turn him into a complete ******.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience of brothels (not going into any details). They are not the type of first experience you want to have. The aim is to make the OP feel more confident. Not turn him into a complete ******.
    Well I don't know the details of course but it seems like you went to an unfriendly brothel. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know the details of course but it seems like you went to an unfriendly brothel. :dontknow:

It's also a pride thing. Every time the question "who did you pop your cherry with" comes up, in your head - you know you lost your virginity to a prostitute!

Not something I'd want to live with !!

ReputationRep:
    It's also a pride thing. Every time the question "who did you pop your cherry with" comes up, in your head - you know you lost your virginity to a prostitute!

Not something I'd want to live with !!
    Something to consider, but when I think about it I've never had that question come up. :lol: Even if it did, you could just say "you don't know her".

ReputationRep:
    Something to consider, but when I think about it I've never had that question come up. :lol: Even if it did, you could just say "you don't know her".

More for myself. Although I don't really see losing your virginity that big of a deal, I'm still glad I didn't do it with a prostitute. Disregarding who you can say you lost it with, I think my sense of pride is a lot greater than had I shagged a prozzy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 17 year old girl, and I wouldn't mind one bit if the boy was a virgin! In a way i'd quite prefer it. So stick it out, 20 is young x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDareYou)
    I'm a 17 year old girl, and I wouldn't mind one bit if the boy was a virgin! In a way i'd quite prefer it. So stick it out, 20 is young x
    I wouldn't mind if he was a virgin either.

ReputationRep:
    ^ there we go OP. Relax

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.