Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Returning rental car watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    We hired a car to go up to Birmingham tonight, through Europcar. We collected the car at 5 this evening, I told the guy I'd have it back by 11 tomoro morning, but now I've realised I could do with it in the afternoon. Surely having paid for 24 hours rental I'm within my rights to keep the car for the afternoon? I want to have a lie in in the morning and then do what I need to do, so I don't want to get up early to phone the place and find out. Anyone have any experience of this?

The car is a Clio tourer by the way, and it's very nice

ReputationRep:
    5 RENTAL PERIOD

5.1 Principle and Calculation
    You undertake to return the Vehicle to Europcar at the agreed place, on the date and at the time indicated on the rental agreement.

The maximum duration of a rental agreement may vary from one country to another. The rental duration is calculated on the basis of indivisible periods of 24 hours, starting from the time the Vehicle is made available. However, a 30 minute grace period is applied at the end of the rental before the start of a new 24-Hour period.

If you return the Vehicle to any other Europcar rental location than the agreed location, repatriation costs will be charged to you.

Europcar strongly recommends that you carefully read this information available at counter

Was on their Terms and Conditions, don't listen to me though. I know nothing xD

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.