Turn on thread page Beta

Words you hate the sound of watch

ReputationRep:
    Fork - it doesn't even sound like it should be a word!
    Also, fancy in the context 'ooh I really fancy him/her'
    Ugh

ReputationRep:
    "Bork". Or even more annoyingly, "Borrrrrrkkkkk"

Pit. Flabbergasted. Garnish. Foil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rayssa)
    Well you can't, the whole thing is biased, especially because you're probably american. Although some pronunciations in american are VERY annoying, some make better sense than english and some words make more sense in the way they say in in the England english , mostly because they INVENTED english. So, you really can't judge pronunciation Mr tomato tom-a-to, because it is all the same word, just saying it different. :woo:
    I'm not American, as the Pakistani flag next to my name clearly suggests. In my 20.5 year life, I've spent 9 days in Uncle Sam. I just find American English more natural than British, and on top of that, most accents in Britain can give the Indian accent a run for its money when deciding on the ugliest accent in the English speaking world. As far as the "we invented it" argument is concerned, I don't think its relevant any more. Do you honestly believe English would be spoken anywhere outside of Britain if the Americans didn't speak it.

ReputationRep:
    Crust. Crust on the eyes. Crusty meat. Crusty lips. Skin crust. Bone crust. Flaky crust. Etc. SHUDDER.

ReputationRep:
    Procrastinate - horrible, cringe inducing poncy-student word.
    +1

I'll go for banter and random.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bierhoff)
    Crust. Crust on the eyes. Crusty meat. Crusty lips. Skin crust. Bone crust. Flaky crust. Etc. SHUDDER.
    Shudder is right, uuhhhh. Horrible.

The word "oose" annoys me a bit cause I love it but how are you meant to spell it?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.