Just logged onto UCAS track and they want my passport details?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Tim_Lehner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Just logged onto UCAS track and they want my passport details?
whats going on?
Thanks guys
nsindhupriya
Report 10 years ago
Yeh, i got that few days bac.. i just selected both the check boxes and my track was bac to normal...
Nahdrav
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its some BS to do with Student Visas so that if you get accepted your uni can give you a letter to take to the embassy saying like:

Please give John Smith Passport Number 123456 a student visa to the United Kingdom to study at University of Dave
anotheregostar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They asked me the same ...
Tim_Lehner
Rep:
?
but... I've lived here for close to 13 years... why would I need a VISA?
paperclip
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tim_Lehner)
It might be to confirm that you're a home student?

I had to send a photocopy to Edinburgh when i had to apply...
Tim_Lehner
Rep:
?
hmm, mkay I'll just go with it
thanks guys
Roxalana
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nahdrav)
Its some BS to do with Student Visas so that if you get accepted your uni can give you a letter to take to the embassy saying like:

Please give John Smith Passport Number 123456 a student visa to the United Kingdom to study at University of Dave
hey by any chance..do u know if specific unis MAKE UCAS ask us for the details?
Dillio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tim_Lehner)

I know what you mean, I got this on UCAS track too and ive been living here for nearly 8 years.

This might sound liek a stupid question, but what is deadline for accepting Uni offers?
F1 fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dillio)
I know what you mean, I got this on UCAS track too and ive been living here for nearly 8 years.

This might sound liek a stupid question, but what is deadline for accepting Uni offers?
They don't know how long you've been living here necessarily which is why they ask for proof. Given the difference in cost it's something they need to check. The deadline for accepting offers is 7th May if you receive all of your decisions by 31st March and 8th June if you don't (so ages yet!)
Dillio
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks for the clarification
zael
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys, if i'm an international applicant, and my passport expires before my date of entry into the uk (applying for deferred 2011), do I have to extend my passport first before inputting the details into track? Once I fill the details I won't be able to change them again right? Thank you.
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They wanted mine and I was born and raised here.It is to prove ID and entitlement.
F1 fanatic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zael)
Hey guys, if i'm an international applicant, and my passport expires before my date of entry into the uk (applying for deferred 2011), do I have to extend my passport first before inputting the details into track? Once I fill the details I won't be able to change them again right? Thank you.
When does it expire? I imagine that using the old one will be fine and that they'll still be able to tie it to yourself.
jesssholmes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do you know if they just ask for the passport details if you've been successful? or regardless
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jesssholmes)
do you know if they just ask for the passport details if you've been successful? or regardless
The posts you're applying to are over 4 years old. It is unlikely the posters are still on TSR and if they are then visa rules have changed a lot.
SlowlorisIncognito
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jesssholmes)
I'm closing this thread as it's so old. If you have a question about visa rules, you'd be best to start your own thread. Visas have changed a lot recently, so 4 year old advice won't be applicable.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (908)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads