Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just logged onto UCAS track and they want my passport details?
    whats going on?
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i got that few days bac.. i just selected both the check boxes and my track was bac to normal...

ReputationRep:
    Its some BS to do with Student Visas so that if you get accepted your uni can give you a letter to take to the embassy saying like:

Please give John Smith Passport Number 123456 a student visa to the United Kingdom to study at University of Dave

ReputationRep:
    They asked me the same ...

ReputationRep:
    but... I've lived here for close to 13 years... why would I need a VISA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim_Lehner)
    It might be to confirm that you're a home student?

I had to send a photocopy to Edinburgh when i had to apply...

ReputationRep:
    hmm, mkay I'll just go with it
    thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nahdrav)
    Its some BS to do with Student Visas so that if you get accepted your uni can give you a letter to take to the embassy saying like:

Please give John Smith Passport Number 123456 a student visa to the United Kingdom to study at University of Dave
    hey by any chance..do u know if specific unis MAKE UCAS ask us for the details?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tim_Lehner)

I know what you mean, I got this on UCAS track too and ive been living here for nearly 8 years.

This might sound liek a stupid question, but what is deadline for accepting Uni offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dillio)
    I know what you mean, I got this on UCAS track too and ive been living here for nearly 8 years.

This might sound liek a stupid question, but what is deadline for accepting Uni offers?
    They don't know how long you've been living here necessarily which is why they ask for proof. Given the difference in cost it's something they need to check. The deadline for accepting offers is 7th May if you receive all of your decisions by 31st March and 8th June if you don't (so ages yet!)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thanks for the clarification

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, if i'm an international applicant, and my passport expires before my date of entry into the uk (applying for deferred 2011), do I have to extend my passport first before inputting the details into track? Once I fill the details I won't be able to change them again right? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    They wanted mine and I was born and raised here.It is to prove ID and entitlement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zael)
    Hey guys, if i'm an international applicant, and my passport expires before my date of entry into the uk (applying for deferred 2011), do I have to extend my passport first before inputting the details into track? Once I fill the details I won't be able to change them again right? Thank you.
    When does it expire? I imagine that using the old one will be fine and that they'll still be able to tie it to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    do you know if they just ask for the passport details if you've been successful? or regardless
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jesssholmes)
    do you know if they just ask for the passport details if you've been successful? or regardless
    The posts you're applying to are over 4 years old. It is unlikely the posters are still on TSR and if they are then visa rules have changed a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesssholmes)
    I'm closing this thread as it's so old. If you have a question about visa rules, you'd be best to start your own thread. Visas have changed a lot recently, so 4 year old advice won't be applicable.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.