Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have a mini-pupillage at one of the biggest commercial sets in the country, I've never done one before so don't really know what to do. Can any of you guys give me any tips and advice, on what to do. Do they assess or keep you in mind when applying for a pupillage?

Thanks in advance guys

ReputationRep:
    Which set?

As someone who has done the BVC and has had lots of mini-pupillages and pupillage interviews (tho is now leaving law completely as it sucks ass, but that's another story), I'd say just be polite, look interested in everything, dress smartly (obviously), but don't expect anything major.

Chambers all get loads of people doing mini-p's every year, so no one's going to offer you a pupillage on a plate just because they like your banter. But if you make a good impression, you can always mention it when applying there for real later on.

However, I can't stress enough that the Bar is rubbish, there are around 10,000 applicants for every one job, the hours are long, the work is tedious, and most barristers are arrogant, unfriendly a-holes. Oh, and you'll pay £20,000 to train and end up working for peanuts as some scummy paralegal while all your friends earn triple your salary and actually have succesful lives. I can't wait to leave.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.