Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend is possessive watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong its really cute and flattering when your boyfriend gets a bit jealous of other guys checking you out. It makes you feel more wanted. But my boyfriend does it every day, even if its something i say about a guy who is my friend but i have never went out with, he assumes that i am hiding things in the past from him. He jokes on that i am a **** and is there any one i haven't went out with but i am nothing like that, i haven't even slept with loads of guys and i am sure he has slept with more girls. He constantly makes me feel belittled and it makes me argue my point that i didn't find the person attractive or i didn't go out with them in the past, and because i argue so strongly it makes me sound more guilty. I tell him to stop it, even if he is joking and he just continues and i end up bringing up his past and ex's which is messy and hurtful. The thing that hurts me the most is that he doesn't believe me when i say he is the most perfect guy in the world to me and i don't want to be with anyone else.. i don't even find other guys attractive anymore, i love him so much. But even if i guy were to compliment me when i am out and about he constantly thinks i am going to run off with him. How do i make him believe that he is all i want and he has every reason to trust me?

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to get a grip. If you wanna go extreme aswell, then rage at him for checking out other girls. He'll soon learn what big ball bag he was/is being.

ReputationRep:
    tell him one day if he keeps accusing u and doing stuff like that to you, he'll push u away from him.

ReputationRep:
    hmm i can empathise with u
    but now he has stopped being so possessive over me- doesn't do anything!
    just think, when ur boyfriend is being possessive, that ul miss it loads if he isnt!
    and dont bother arguing back to him, im sure he knows that u r only attracted to him if uve said it bree times already. He may just be doing it for reassurance and confidence in himself.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say he sounds more insecure than possessive.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be judgemental but he sounds like a complete & utter tool. Guys like that never change. Can you really be bothered to put up with it, I know I wouldn't.

This is exactly how my relationship is. I can't take it anymore but love him to bits. The name calling is the most hurtful thing

ReputationRep:
    I just wish he accepted how much i love him and i wouldn't dare do anything to jeopardize what we have. He goes off it when guys give me attention or even just speak to me when i am out.. how can i help when people talk to me? i love him so so much. Part of me hopes he sees this and attempts to stop being so suspicious and insecure.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.