The Student Room Group

Boyfriend is possessive

Don't get me wrong its really cute and flattering when your boyfriend gets a bit jealous of other guys checking you out. It makes you feel more wanted. But my boyfriend does it every day, even if its something i say about a guy who is my friend but i have never went out with, he assumes that i am hiding things in the past from him. He jokes on that i am a slag and is there any one i haven't went out with but i am nothing like that, i haven't even slept with loads of guys and i am sure he has slept with more girls. He constantly makes me feel belittled and it makes me argue my point that i didn't find the person attractive or i didn't go out with them in the past, and because i argue so strongly it makes me sound more guilty. I tell him to stop it, even if he is joking and he just continues and i end up bringing up his past and ex's which is messy and hurtful. The thing that hurts me the most is that he doesn't believe me when i say he is the most perfect guy in the world to me and i don't want to be with anyone else.. i don't even find other guys attractive anymore, i love him so much. But even if i guy were to compliment me when i am out and about he constantly thinks i am going to run off with him. How do i make him believe that he is all i want and he has every reason to trust me?

Thanks for your help
Tell him to get a grip. If you wanna go extreme aswell, then rage at him for checking out other girls. He'll soon learn what big ball bag he was/is being.
Reply 2
tell him one day if he keeps accusing u and doing stuff like that to you, he'll push u away from him.
Reply 3
hmm i can empathise with u
but now he has stopped being so possessive over me- doesn't do anything!
just think, when ur boyfriend is being possessive, that ul miss it loads if he isnt!
and dont bother arguing back to him, im sure he knows that u r only attracted to him if uve said it bree times already. He may just be doing it for reassurance and confidence in himself.
Reply 4
I'd say he sounds more insecure than possessive.
Reply 5
Sorry to be judgemental but he sounds like a complete & utter tool. Guys like that never change. Can you really be bothered to put up with it, I know I wouldn't.
This is exactly how my relationship is. I can't take it anymore but love him to bits. The name calling is the most hurtful thing
Reply 7
I just wish he accepted how much i love him and i wouldn't dare do anything to jeopardize what we have. He goes off it when guys give me attention or even just speak to me when i am out.. how can i help when people talk to me? i love him so so much. Part of me hopes he sees this and attempts to stop being so suspicious and insecure.

Latest

Trending

Trending